Disable "Slide to shutdown"? [SOLVED]

So perhaps I just am bad at googling, but I cannot find answers. After the most recent Windows 11 update, if I hold down the power button on my laptop I get a popup prompting me to "slide to shut down" instead of a power down. If I continue to hold down the power button it will eventually turn off, but it has doubled the amount of time for an emergency shutdown from ~four seconds to ~eight. Frustratingly, from what I could gather from google this is a "feature" added by Microsoft for touch enabled devices. Mine is not, though i was able to interact with it with my mouse, however it does nothing when I do. Also frustratingly I only shut down using this method when something is wrong, so that's assuming the mouse even works.

Anyway, any help in turning off this feature is greatly appreciated.
1719833810_Screenshot(28)-Copy.thumb.png.5f91dda350ad2642548e33d4132e9fc1.png

Solution(ish):

So what I did was I found the location of "slidetoshutdown.exe"

It is in C:Windows/System32 and it is simply titled slidetoshutdown.exe. From there I changed the permissions for that application so that I was the owner instead of TrustedInstaller, and then gave myself full control of it. I want to note that one should only do this to the file or folder they want to edit, and not the entire System32 folder for security reasons. Once i had full control of slidetoshutdown.exe I just deleted it. It's gone. And all was at peace once more.

This may not be the best or most elegant way to do this but it did work. Perform at your own risk. Not for novice windows users.

Caution: editing or deleting files in System32 can cause issues with system stability and functionality, and could result in data or system loss. Be aware of the risks when manipulating files in Windows system folders. There's a reason you have to jump through hoops to change permissions to modify these files.

Edited by Gravesnear
SOLVED

Check if you have Touch Panel activated, it should be in system settings.

PS: that seems annoying, which update was it?

30 minutes ago, Jorgemeister said:

Check if you have Touch Panel activated, it should be in system settings.

PS: that seems annoying, which update was it?

No dice on touch panel. Cannot find any setting for that. I'm on version 21H2, OS build 22000.739, windows feature experience pack 1000.22000.739.0 if any of that answers your question.

1 minute ago, Gravesnear said:

I did, it did not. but thank you. also I have solved the issue.

Brilliant, can you share the solution for anyone else looking this up for the future 🙂

5 minutes ago, MrMase said:

Brilliant, can you share the solution for anyone else looking this up for the future 🙂

Lol I was updating the post with the solution as you messaged me.

Whilst that solution works, I don't agree with it being a proper solution unfortunately as this may cause further issues down the line.

You may also find the file gets recreated by Windows Updates / troubleshooters such as sfc /scannow or DISM repairs

As far as I have been able to find the exe is not connected to anything else and shouldn't even be on my device, so while I am not sure, I don't expect any issues. I agree it isn't a proper solution, though. However, even the solutions given by Microsoft did nothing (in fact their solution caused me to have to redo all of my advanced power settings while not helping my issue). I'll edit the post with a Caution caveat.