Looking for new SSD

Go to solution Solved by An0maly_76,

I've found that the WD Blue SN550 and SN570 offer excellent bang for the buck. I have a 550 on my old rig's B450 board and a 570 on my new rig's B550 board. Samsungs are faster, but more costly, and beyond a certain point, for gaming, you don't notice the difference. PCI4 is overrated for this, because it's only noticeable in use with sustained heavy read / write instances. Which is fine if you play games that read from storage a lot, but not all of them do.

Budget (including currency): less than 150-200 USD

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: mostly just gaming with some light video/music editing

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): I am looking for a decent 1TB SSD to upgrade from my current low-storage one. I am getting to a point where I need more solid state storage. I don’t want to spend too much on an SSD, and either full size or M.2 works. This is my MOBO for M.2 compatibility:

MSI B450M PRO-M2 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard

If someone could give me some decent recommendations on a budget that would be great, I know quality 1TB SSDs and be expensive but I want to get another opinion. 

I've found that the WD Blue SN550 and SN570 offer excellent bang for the buck. I have a 550 on my old rig's B450 board and a 570 on my new rig's B550 board. Samsungs are faster, but more costly, and beyond a certain point, for gaming, you don't notice the difference. PCI4 is overrated for this, because it's only noticeable in use with sustained heavy read / write instances. Which is fine if you play games that read from storage a lot, but not all of them do.

Edited by An0maly_76
Revised, more info

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

7 minutes ago, An0maly_76 said:

Or the cheapest stuff available which atm pcpp says team mp33 is at 68$

Samsungs are overpriced and usually not worth getting when 10$ more over a 970 evo and you get a gammix s70 blade which is double the speed (~7000 ish r/w) and equivalent to a 980 pro. Sure gen4 is useless but if you are overpaying on an ssd may aswell make it somewhat futureproof or fast, btw said gammix s70 blade is 200$ for the 2tb version according to pcpp incase you may be interested in a stupid fast 2tb ssd though decent gen3 are ~170$ and lower end stuff is <150, you wont be able to use gen4 anyways cause b450 board

6 hours ago, An0maly_76 said:

Thank you for the recommendation!