Moving boot stuff

AzrealNoctis

So, as it would seem, when I set my computer up for the first time 2 years ago, I neglected to set windows into its own partition, (see picture below) is there any way to grab it out of the current partition and put it into the space I've sectioned off without doing a fresh install and restore? Otherwise if I want to update to 11, as far as I can tell, I'd need another drive.

20220701_102044.jpg

51 minutes ago, AzrealNoctis said:

So, as it would seem, when I set my computer up for the first time 2 years ago, I neglected to set windows into its own partition, (see picture below) is there any way to grab it out of the current partition and put it into the space I've sectioned off without doing a fresh install and restore? Otherwise if I want to update to 11, as far as I can tell, I'd need another drive.

20220701_102044.jpg

Right click, select "shrink volume", pop up will give you info on how much "max"you could shrink it by etc

Please quote my post, or put @paddy-stone if you want me to respond to you.

Spoiler
  • PCs:- 
  • Main PC build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/2K6Q7X
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  • Lenovo G50 - 8Gb RAM - Samsung 860 Evo 250GB SSD - DVD writer
  •  
  • Displays:-
  • Philips 55 OLED 754 model
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  • Philips 24" 1080p monitor as backup
  •  
  • Storage/NAS/Servers:-
  • ESXI/test build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/4wyR9G
  • Main Server https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/3Qftyk
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  • HP ProLiant G6 Server SE316M1 Twin Hex Core Intel Xeon E5645 2.40GHz 48GB RAM
  •  
  • Gaming/Tablets etc:-
  • Xbox One S 500GB + 2TB HDD
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi/Pocafone F2 pro 8GB/256GB
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• Unused Hardware currently :-
  • 4670K MSI mobo 16GB ram
  • i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1060 6GB Amp! edition
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

2 hours ago, AzrealNoctis said:

is there any way to grab it out of the current partition and put it into the space I've sectioned off without doing a fresh install and restore?

No, There is no method of moving just the OS. 

If you want it to windows in the 170GB partition you will have to reinstall windows and all your existing apps too.

2 hours ago, AzrealNoctis said:

Otherwise if I want to update to 11, as far as I can tell, I'd need another drive.

Why would you? Upgrading to 11 replaces 10. Unless you mean you want to dual boot 10 and 11 in which case stick with 10.