Help with Cooling Phanteks Ethoo Pro ATX Full Tower

ivector

Hi Everyone,

I don't usually come on forums from time to time but recently ive been wanting to upgrade my cooling within my computer case adding additional fans etc. as I feel my PC gets too warm from time to time when playing games I have given my computer a good clean out.

Im wondering for some advice Ive shown my specs below. what fans should I get should i stick with air cooling or switch to AIO? 360mm?

I do apologise im just needing some help! 🙂

Specs Below 😄

CPU        
AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT 3.9 GHz 8-Core Processor

CPU Cooler        
Noctua NH-U12S SE-AM4 CPU Cooler

Motherboard        
Asus ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING II ATX AM4 Motherboard

Memory        
Corsair CMW32GX4M4C3200C16 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory 

Storage        
Samsung MZ-76E250B/AM 250 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive

Western Digital WDS100T2B0C 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive x2
Samsung MZ-V7S2T0B/AM 2 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive

Video Card        
Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3070 8 GB AORUS MASTER Video Card    £849.99    
Case        

Phanteks Enthoo Pro ATX Full Tower Case
Power Supply        
Corsair HX1000 Platinum 1000 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply

1 minute ago, ivector said:

Hi Everyone,

I don't usually come on forums from time to time but recently ive been wanting to upgrade my cooling within my computer case adding additional fans etc. as I feel my PC gets too warm from time to time when playing games I have given my computer a good clean out.

Im wondering for some advice Ive shown my specs below. what fans should I get should i stick with air cooling or switch to AIO? 360mm?

I do apologise im just needing some help! 🙂

Specs Below 😄

CPU        
AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT 3.9 GHz 8-Core Processor

CPU Cooler        
Noctua NH-U12S SE-AM4 CPU Cooler

Motherboard        
Asus ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING II ATX AM4 Motherboard

Memory        
Corsair CMW32GX4M4C3200C16 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory 

Storage        
Samsung MZ-76E250B/AM 250 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive

Western Digital WDS100T2B0C 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive x2
Samsung MZ-V7S2T0B/AM 2 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive

Video Card        
Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3070 8 GB AORUS MASTER Video Card    £849.99    
Case        

Phanteks Enthoo Pro ATX Full Tower Case
Power Supply        
Corsair HX1000 Platinum 1000 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply

A 360 mm AIO will be a bit better than a top-line dual tower CPU cooler (e.g. Noctua D15). But will likely come with AIO associated headaches, so pick your poison.

Depending on whether you want to keep the case or not, I guess you are limited to introducing better case fans, bunt these usually make limited impact. And last but not least, I guess if your CPU/GPU is not thermal throttling then "getting too warm" is not really something you actually need to be concerned with, and you have to set your own limits somewhere.

31 minutes ago, For Science! said:

A 360 mm AIO will be a bit better than a top-line dual tower CPU cooler (e.g. Noctua D15). But will likely come with AIO associated headaches, so pick your poison.

Depending on whether you want to keep the case or not, I guess you are limited to introducing better case fans, bunt these usually make limited impact. And last but not least, I guess if your CPU/GPU is not thermal throttling then "getting too warm" is not really something you actually need to be concerned with, and you have to set your own limits somewhere.

Hey there!

thanks for messaging me in the response, Im glad to get a 360mm AIO in there ive just never fitted one in before.. went for air cooling due to the ease.

the case is pretty good in terms for space but i wanted to expand and get some more fans in there originally to just cool. i was looking at some 140mm ones.

the AIO i was looking at doing was CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE CAPELLIX Liquid 360 mm CPU Cooler - RGB LED

and I was thinking about replacing the fans for the front of the case and power supply with some different ones.

1 hour ago, ivector said:

the AIO i was looking at doing was CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE CAPELLIX Liquid 360 mm CPU Cooler - RGB LED

and I was thinking about replacing the fans for the front of the case and power supply with some different ones.

Corsair is extremely pricy for what it is. I'd rather get a Arctic Freezer II or Silent Loop 2. Then get some really good fans. Sadly right now is a bad time for fans as most of the best performing ones are out of/low on stock so their prices are raised, to the point where they're barely justifiable. Only the Silent Wings 3 and P12's are left at a fair price.

Desktop: Ryzen 7 5800X3D - Kraken X62 Rev 2 - STRIX X470-I - 3600MHz 32GB Kingston Fury - 250GB 970 Evo boot - 2x 500GB 860 Evo - 1TB P3 - 4TB HDD - RX6800 - RMx 750 W 80+ Gold - Manta - Silent Wings Pro 4's enjoyer

SetupZowie XL2740 27.0" 240hz - Roccat Burt Pro Corsair K70 LUX browns - PC38X - Mackie CR5X's

Current build on PCPartPicker

Can also reccommend an BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 as an option, works like a charm. Solid cooling not too noisey.