My PC wont turn on

TOPM231

I need help.

So I bought a 3060, AMD 5600x, Corsair RM1000x PSU and some new ram, tried it didn't work, went back made sure my cables were all in right etc. Decided to try my 1660, old ram and AMD 2600 on it, still no power. At this point I tried both new and old parts using my old 550w PSU to see if I could see any form of power go through, nothing. I'm starting to think it's my motherboard that's dead, but I'm not sure so I thought I'd post my issue here and see what others think.

For clarification I went through it at least 6 times over rebuilding it and making sure everything is right and I'm now at a stand still.

What board are you using since that will dictate what debug features it has and what you can try?

Also, when you try to turn it on, does it light up but not output a display? Light up then immediately turn off? Light up then turn off after 3-5 minutes? Not light up at all? We need more info than just "it won't turn on."

Sorry I forgot to mention my motherboard is a tomahawk b450 MAX and there is like no power at all, like no signs of power, no lights turn on etc it's just dead.

29 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

What board are you using since that will dictate what debug features it has and what you can try?

Also, when you try to turn it on, does it light up but not output a display? Light up then immediately turn off? Light up then turn off after 3-5 minutes? Not light up at all? We need more info than just "it won't turn on."

27 minutes ago, TOPM231 said:

Sorry I forgot to mention my motherboard is a tomahawk b450 MAX and there is like no power at all, like no signs of power, no lights turn on etc it's just dead.

39 minutes ago, TOPM231 said:

No sign of life usually isn't good. I see three possibilities. 

1. Front panel connectors aren't hooked up correctly (not likely but easy enough to check)/power button on case is dead. Try shorting the power pins manually. 
  2. No power to the entire system (psu switch is off or bad psu cable). Again, not likely but easy enough to check. 
  3. There's a wire behind the board, shorting something out and causing a protection to kick in. 

If none of those are happening, the board is likely completely dead. 

6 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

No sign of life usually isn't good. I see three possibilities. 

1. Front panel connectors aren't hooked up correctly (not likely but easy enough to check)/power button on case is dead. Try shorting the power pins manually. 
  2. No power to the entire system (psu switch is off or bad psu cable). Again, not likely but easy enough to check. 
  3. There's a wire behind the board, shorting something out and causing a protection to kick in. 

If none of those are happening, the board is likely completely dead. 

It potentially could be PSU, my issue with that is my CX550 worked perfectly then the moment I switched parts nothing is working including the CX550.

I did try both the power button and bridging the connection and still did nothing. I'll check for any wires but if there's none there then I agree that it's most likely the board that's dead.