Asus Z690 Strix A D4 vs MSI Z690 Gaming Edge D4 for better memory overclocking

Go to solution Solved by RONOTHAN##,

The Asus is a hair better, but they're both pretty equal. I'd get the MSI since it's $100 cheaper ATM and that money would be better spent getting another kit to run dual rank or upgrading to Samsung B die memory instead

Hi,

I'm looking to buy a new Z690 motherboard tomorrow for my i9 12900KS and 16 GB DDR4 4800Mhz and I came across these two motherboards (Asus Z690 Strix A D4 vs MSI Z690 Gaming Edge D4). Now my question is, which one of them is actually better in terms of memory overclocking and just overclocking in general ? Because that's the only thing that I personally care about聽馃槄.

Looking forward to some answers

The Asus is a hair better, but they're both pretty equal. I'd get the MSI since it's $100 cheaper ATM and that money would be better spent getting another kit to run dual rank or upgrading to Samsung B die memory instead

17 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

Agreed and thanks for the response, although the msi one is only 10 euro cheaper where I live, so I might consider the asus one too.

11 minutes ago, Super panda said:

Agreed and thanks for the response, although the msi one is only 10 euro cheaper where I live, so I might consider the asus one too.

Fair enough, last I checked where I'm at the MSI board is $250 and the Asus board is $350, at that price difference Asus really doesn't make sense. If it's only $10 just get whatever you think looks better at that point, they're both very solid motherboards.聽

Just now, RONOTHAN## said:

Fair enough, last I checked where I'm at the MSI board is $250 and the Asus board is $350, at that price difference Asus really doesn't make sense. If it's only $10 just get whatever you think looks better at that point, they're both very solid motherboards.聽

I'm coming from a gigabyte Z690 auros elite which barely support xmp or any ddr4 overclocking so I think I'm going to be happy with any upgrade hehe