Looking for advice / greenlight on upcoming sim racing build (first timer here)

TriTech

Budget (including currency): $2500ish CAD

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: iRacing, Assetto Corsa, CS:GO, Rocket League, Minecraft, etc.

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

This is my part list as it stands currently. I have never built a PC before, so I am hoping somebody can verify that this PC is a good use of my budget. I am mainly concerned about the PSU, cooling, and clearances. Is 850W good enough for the 12600K and 3080? Also, on the Corsair website it states that the 4000D Airflow comes with 2 120mm fans, and I assume I will need a few more fans to keep it nice and cool? In terms of clearances, Corsair says the I can fit a 360mm long GPU and 170mm tall CPU cooler. The 3080 is only 300mm long, so I have some breathing room there, but the NH-D15 is 165mm tall, which may be too close? Finally, is there anything else I need? I already have an anti-static wrist strap, and a screwdriver, so hopefully that should be all? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

PCPartPicker Part List: https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/2HtKcb

CPU: Intel Core i5-12600KF 3.7 GHz 10-Core Processor  ($337.50 @ shopRBC) 
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 chromax.black 82.52 CFM CPU Cooler  ($139.94 @ Amazon Canada) 
Thermal Compound: Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut 1 g Thermal Paste  ($9.28 @ Amazon Canada) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte B660 GAMING X AX DDR4 ATX LGA1700 Motherboard  ($199.99 @ Canada Computers) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory  ($149.98 @ Best Buy Canada) 
Storage: Western Digital Blue SN570 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($111.95 @ shopRBC) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 10GB LHR 10 GB FTW3 ULTRA GAMING LHR Video Card  ($1097.95 @ iSanek) 
Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow ATX Mid Tower Case  ($114.99 @ Best Buy Canada) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMx (2021) 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($159.75 @ Vuugo) 
Total: $2321.33

Looks like you've done your research pretty well. Overall solid build. Good luck building! 

Basically what id build, some minor tweaks though.

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/rF2bwc

Thermal paste isn't needed since cpu cooler comes with a tube or preapplied.

165mm cpu cooler would most likely have contact with the tempered glass side panel so I'd may look for something different.

The 240 is less for the perfromance and more for the ability it'll fit in the case easier, although if you can find an air cooler  under ~155mm it'd probably fit in the case.

I wouldn't pay 199 cad for that board, consider a different one.

3600 cl18 and 3200 cl16 perfrom about the same so if get whatever cheaper.

To my surprise that was the cheapest 3080 on the Canadian market so I kept it.

Slightly cheaper psu.

850 watts is about what if put in for this build although that's probably the lowest end of what id rate for this as 3000 series cards have their known power spikes.

You would probably want any sort of cable ties for cable management and maybe a commander xt from corsair if you get more of their fans to fill the case, 2 extra would fill all of the avaliable room if you do go with an aio

34 minutes ago, Ryuikko said:

Basically what id build, some minor tweaks though.

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/rF2bwc

Thermal paste isn't needed since cpu cooler comes with a tube or preapplied.

165mm cpu cooler would most likely have contact with the tempered glass side panel so I'd may look for something different.

The 240 is less for the perfromance and more for the ability it'll fit in the case easier, although if you can find an air cooler  under ~155mm it'd probably fit in the case.

I wouldn't pay 199 cad for that board, consider a different one.

3600 cl18 and 3200 cl16 perfrom about the same so if get whatever cheaper.

To my surprise that was the cheapest 3080 on the Canadian market so I kept it.

Slightly cheaper psu.

850 watts is about what if put in for this build although that's probably the lowest end of what id rate for this as 3000 series cards have their known power spikes.

You would probably want any sort of cable ties for cable management and maybe a commander xt from corsair if you get more of their fans to fill the case, 2 extra would fill all of the avaliable room if you do go with an aio

That looks great but what about this https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/sp6qhk its thje same thing but a better cpu and for storage