Broken PCIE slot leads to upgrade issues

Lwolff

Budget (including currency): Low but not specific ie I dont want to spend more than like 100 bucks but dont really care under that.

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Various games, including stuff like escape from tarkov

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

I recently built somewhat of a franken PC, I currently have a Nvidia GTX 970, I bought a Lenovo K450e with an i7-4790 to use with it, unfortunately it appears the PCIE slot is dead, I have tried multiple GPUs in the slot and none of them produce a signal, the integrated graphics work tho. Either way, as a backup plan I have begun using a Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1607 0 @ 3.00GHz but feel that this is inadequate, I guess the two paths as I see it are to upgrade the Xeon or buy a new motherboard for the i7. I would love any thoughts about what makes the most sense or what would leave me in the best position to upgrade in the future. Im happy to provide any other information people might need to answer that question. 

Is this an LGA1155? Is it a MicroATX or SFF? I might be interested in the old board if it still works otherwise, maybe we could swap boards. I'm revamping a Lenovo workstation as a web / media machine. The i7-2600 I put in it has iGPU, so don't really care about PCIe. I have an H61 Express, not sure if it supports the 4790.

If that's a no-go, there's a couple nice boards on Amazon with SATA M.2 slots I've been looking at myself.

Edited by An0maly_76
Revised, more info

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!