Custom loop questions

hi, ive created a custom loop with a 5900x and a 2080 ti, i have 1 360mm rad 45mm thick and 1 280mm rad 45mm thick,   when i had the loop without the gpu the cpu was only 55-57*C while gaming and when i added the gpu it is 65-70*C ish while gaming, is this normal eventhough i have dual rad ( with decent thickness ), im using all parts from EKWB and i have  D5 pump running at max speed,  flow is going very fast every 2-4seconds a full loop done

my order is res > gpu > cpu > 360 > 280 > res

im unsure if its supposed to add a good 10-12*C on the cpu by adding a gpu into the loop

also i am using a quite small reservoir, by using a larger reservoir would i get better performance due to there beeing more liquid inside?

my liquid temp before gpu i do not know but the rads didnt even get warm and now they do, but with the gpu its 45*C PEAK with Prime95 + MSI Kombustor  pulling 220watt from the cpu and 330-340w from the gpu  both are oc

if it can help by changing loop order to res > gpu > 360 > cpu > 280 > res ,  i might try it but id rather not change my loop... only if its really going to help

both rads are in Push+Pull

DD3DB027-8DF7-4FAF-AB6C-9414D710A5B7.jpg

3989AAA3-0AE7-475B-846C-B44B0976F8AB.jpg

(◑‿◐)

What case is it? Might just be an airflow issue here.

How are the fans configured? I see the 360 is intake but what is the 280?

5 minutes ago, jaslion said:

What case is it? Might just be an airflow issue here.

How are the fans configured? I see the 360 is intake but what is the 280?

push pull on both rads and a graphite 780t,  it does not change even with a full open case ( closed case or open case not really different )

top rad is exhaust in pushpull,  front rad is intake pushpull, also i run everything at full blast, i dont mind sound i just want performance

(◑‿◐)

12 hours ago, Valkyrie Lenneth said:

push pull on both rads and a graphite 780t,  it does not change even with a full open case ( closed case or open case not really different )

top rad is exhaust in pushpull,  front rad is intake pushpull, also i run everything at full blast, i dont mind sound i just want performance

Give or take, yes, everything seems to be about right imo.

GPUs dump a lot of heat into the system so the increase in CPU temps seem about right to me. Probably about 5~7 degree increase in fluid temperature.

Adding a bigger reservoir will only slow down the rate at which it reaches the same temperature from a cold boot, and also extend the time it takes to cool down after a load. It will not make the system any more efficient.

Component order is fine, will not impact temperatures especially with a D5 at max speed.