Windows 10 Home cant log in after Clean Boot

Ellis999

Hello, i got clean boot because AMD support told me to and than i cant log in inside the Windows, Recovery the last date backup gives error also, Safe Boot doesnt work too, HDD got important files and i cant manage to reinstall Windows because of it, only way i think for now is enabling somehow the services that got disabled with CMD from recovery menu, but i dont know what should be enabled even how to be enabled, "sc" commands are not working. Other way comes in my mind is doing.windows reinstallation without formating the disks but i need to find usb with windows inside because i dont have one now but if its the only way i will find out what to do.

You can login, as in your password is rejected? Or is it not booting properly? Did you disable Microsoft services as part of the clean boot? You should only disable 3rd party services to avoid disabling essentials services.

As for your important data, you can always load a live Linux based OS to a USB drive (such as GParted) and access your HDD that way. Backup to any other storage devices you have to at least get that taken care of. It's not worth putting your valuable data at risk just to get your PC boot.

QUOTE ME IF YOU WANT A REPLY!

PC #1

Ryzen 7 3700x@4.4ghz (All core) | MSI X470 Gaming Pro Carbon | Crucial Ballistix 2x16gb (OC 3600mhz)

MSI GTX 1080 8gb | SoundBlaster ZXR | Corsair HX850

Samsung 960 256gb | Samsung 860 1gb | Samsung 850 500gb

HGST 4tb, HGST 2tb | Seagate 2tb | Seagate 2tb

Custom CPU/GPU water loop

PC #2

Ryzen 7 1700@3.8ghz (All core) | Aorus AX370 Gaming K5 | Vengeance LED 3200mhz 2x8gb

Sapphire R9 290x 4gb | Asus Xonar DS | Corsair RM650

Samsung 850 128gb | Intel 240gb | Seagate 2tb

Corsair H80iGT AIO

Laptop

Core i7 6700HQ | Samsung 2400mhz 2x8gb DDR4

GTX 1060M 3gb | FiiO E10k DAC

Samsung 950 256gb | Sandisk Ultra 2tb SSD

17 minutes ago, BigDamn said:

You can login, as in your password is rejected? Or is it not booting properly? Did you disable Microsoft services as part of the clean boot? You should only disable 3rd party services to avoid disabling essentials services.

As for your important data, you can always load a live Linux based OS to a USB drive (such as GParted) and access your HDD that way. Backup to any other storage devices you have to at least get that taken care of. It's not worth putting your valuable data at risk just to get your PC boot.

Thanks for your response, its PIN, Microsoft Account is connected with the windows and the PIN is getting rejected even if its right.

Also i think i did mistake disabling all services without hide Microsoft ones, otherwise i dont think this will go that bad.

58 minutes ago, Ellis999 said:

Also i think i did mistake disabling all services without hide Microsoft ones, otherwise i dont think this will go that bad.

It's entirely possible that you disabled the Windows "Hello" service, which is responsible for handling PIN login, among other things (I could be wrong about that). Provided you are not using Bitlocker encryption you may find success in looking up how to bypass the Windows login. Essentially you will have to access your Windows drive from a live Linux install (GParted) or another PC and replace the lock screen accessibility features with the command prompt binary. This will give you elevated CMD access from the lock screen, allowing you to create a new user account, which you can login to and re-enable service from. There may be other ways to do this, but this is how I've done it in similar situation. It may sound challenging, but if you can find a step-by-step guide you'll find it's not too difficult.

QUOTE ME IF YOU WANT A REPLY!

PC #1

Ryzen 7 3700x@4.4ghz (All core) | MSI X470 Gaming Pro Carbon | Crucial Ballistix 2x16gb (OC 3600mhz)

MSI GTX 1080 8gb | SoundBlaster ZXR | Corsair HX850

Samsung 960 256gb | Samsung 860 1gb | Samsung 850 500gb

HGST 4tb, HGST 2tb | Seagate 2tb | Seagate 2tb

Custom CPU/GPU water loop

PC #2

Ryzen 7 1700@3.8ghz (All core) | Aorus AX370 Gaming K5 | Vengeance LED 3200mhz 2x8gb

Sapphire R9 290x 4gb | Asus Xonar DS | Corsair RM650

Samsung 850 128gb | Intel 240gb | Seagate 2tb

Corsair H80iGT AIO

Laptop

Core i7 6700HQ | Samsung 2400mhz 2x8gb DDR4

GTX 1060M 3gb | FiiO E10k DAC

Samsung 950 256gb | Sandisk Ultra 2tb SSD

44 minutes ago, BigDamn said:

It's entirely possible that you disabled the Windows "Hello" service, which is responsible for handling PIN login, among other things (I could be wrong about that). Provided you are not using Bitlocker encryption you may find success in looking up how to bypass the Windows login. Essentially you will have to access your Windows drive from a live Linux install (GParted) or another PC and replace the lock screen accessibility features with the command prompt binary. This will give you elevated CMD access from the lock screen, allowing you to create a new user account, which you can login to and re-enable service from. There may be other ways to do this, but this is how I've done it in similar situation. It may sound challenging, but if you can find a step-by-step guide you'll find it's not too difficult.

Yes sounds a bit hard for me but i will try to find some guides, first i will need to backup my data after i can do experiements, but actually if i manage to backup my data somewhere with GParted i will find from a friend or somewhere a windows to reinstall.