Monitor arm help?! Acer Predator XB271HU bmiprz 27"

Cagruntas

I have this monitor for quite sometime now but I've recently moved and my new desk is smaller. I want to purchase a monitor arm within the 100 USD price range that can hold up m monitor firmly and have little wobble as well if possible. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Well you should get one that attaches to your desk for stability, not one that just rests on it, if your desk allows for it. I'm using Igloo arm for two monitors. I'm not sure how well the gas operated ones will perform over time but I'm happy with this one which doesn't have gas pistons. It looks like this one. Aint got no wobble at all.

image.png.921af76d46f24758bdc4a92e01c2c112.png

Also any arm you buy should come with cable management, height adjustment, tilt in all directions, swivel etc. It's hard for me to recommend a specific one.. Mine's a bit old and I'm not sure if it and it's "siblings" is sold anymore... but I got old link for the single monitor version of mine, maybe that is helpful is some way.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/iiglo-MM100-Monitor-Inches-Pivotable-Black/dp/B01MU3VVBV

10 minutes ago, aDoomGuy said:

Well you should get one that attaches to your desk for stability, not one that just rests on it, if your desk allows for it. I'm using Igloo arm for two monitors. I'm not sure how well the gas operated ones will perform over time but I'm happy with this one which doesn't have gas pistons. It looks like this one. Aint got no wobble at all.

image.png.921af76d46f24758bdc4a92e01c2c112.png

Also any arm you buy should come with cable management, height adjustment, tilt in all directions, swivel etc. It's hard for me to recommend a specific one.. Mine's a bit old and I'm not sure if it and it's "siblings" is sold anymore... but I got old link for the single monitor version of mine, maybe that is helpful is some way.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/iiglo-MM100-Monitor-Inches-Pivotable-Black/dp/B01MU3VVBV

Thank you for the reply ! unfortunately I don't see this available in amazon in the US 😞

2 minutes ago, Cagruntas said:

Thank you for the reply ! unfortunately I don't see this available in amazon in the US 😞

Yeah it's an old unit. This one seems fairly similar though apart from other fasteners and external cable management (on mine I route the cables up through the leg from the base and out the top). But give it a while maybe someone else can recommend you some other ones. 🙂 

https://www.amazon.com/VIVO-Monitor-Adjustable-Articulating-STAND-V001/dp/B00B21TLQU/ref=sr_1_9?keywords=monitor+arm&qid=1656311400&sr=8-9

9 minutes ago, aDoomGuy said:

Yeah it's an old unit. This one seems fairly similar though apart from other fasteners and external cable management (on mine I route the cables up through the leg from the base and out the top). But give it a while maybe someone else can recommend you some other ones. 🙂 

https://www.amazon.com/VIVO-Monitor-Adjustable-Articulating-STAND-V001/dp/B00B21TLQU/ref=sr_1_9?keywords=monitor+arm&qid=1656311400&sr=8-9

I looked at the reviews for this when you linked it and it seems to be what I've been searching for. I honestly thought it would have been more  expensive. Are there any differences from expensive ones to this?

Just now, Cagruntas said:

I looked at the reviews for this when you linked it and it seems to be what I've been searching for. I honestly thought it would have been more  expensive. Are there any differences from expensive ones to this?

It has no gas piston, which would give more mobilty and flexibility but also maybe leak and worse performance over time. This one can last you 50 years or so though (well should). Height adjustment is on the pole, but for me it's set and forget (I'm done growing lol) but I don't know how often you want to adjust height. These are hanging nice and secure though on their arms. Not to mention how lovely it is to have monitors take basically no real estate on my desk at all.

14 minutes ago, aDoomGuy said:

It has no gas piston, which would give more mobilty and flexibility but also maybe leak and worse performance over time. This one can last you 50 years or so though (well should). Height adjustment is on the pole, but for me it's set and forget (I'm done growing lol) but I don't know how often you want to adjust height. These are hanging nice and secure though on their arms. Not to mention how lovely it is to have monitors take basically no real estate on my desk at all.

Yep, that was the main point of it, space on my desk lol! Well I am going to try this out to see if I like it! Thanks!

2 minutes ago, Cagruntas said:

Yep, that was the main point of it, space on my desk lol! Well I am going to try this out to see if I like it! Thanks!

I'm sure you're gonna love it. Even just connecting cables is a whole lot easier. Just turn it and swivel it or tilt it and you got all the access you'll ever need. I'll never go back to the included ones. 😄 

You're welcome!