Intermittent FPS drop?

aeon187

Hi, I'm getting inconsistent fps in game 

Sometimes I run steady 200

Othertime after reset.. I get 80.

I already tried an extensive list of things.

My question if I want to isolate the issue with the cpu.

What settings should I try to play with beside.

Xmp profile and Intel speedstep?

You provided zero information, nobody can help you with little there is in in your OP.

29 minutes ago, aeon187 said:

inconsistent fps in game 

which game?

29 minutes ago, aeon187 said:

after reset

reset? bios reset? computer restart? actual computer reset? reset of the game?

30 minutes ago, aeon187 said:

What settings should I try to play with beside.

Specs? what have you done so far?

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

@Levent

Up2date windows fresh format, nothing installed.

Asus 690-e (lastest bios)

Gskills 32g @5000 xmp

980 pro 1tb

RTx 3080ti (was RMA 1 month ago got a different one)

HX 850

Power plan is on performance on os and Nvidia.

This issue happen randomly.

I ran memtest on xmp for 8hours no errors.

I'm currently using default bios settings.

The issue happen when playing warzone.

I notice that the issue seems to happen sometimes when I reboot, I can hear my fan running louder than usual this almost always significante that the issue will be present 

Any advice?

Edit : temperature are fine, no thermal throttle 

Note that in both case the computer was reboot and was the first time running the game

StableFPS: 

FPSDrop

Half of the time, I'm getting 50% performance of what i'm suppose to have?

Up2date windows fresh format, nothing installed. (Install all optional updates after encountering the issue again)

Asus 690-e (lastest bios)
Intel 12900ks

Gskills 32g @5600 xmp

980 pro 1tb 

RTx 3080ti (was RMA 1 month ago got a different one) (Latest nvidia re-installed with DDU)

HX 850

Power plan is on performance on os and Nvidia.

This issue happen randomly.

I ran memtest on xmp for 8hours no errors.

temperature are fine, no thermal throttle 

temperature are fine, no thermal throttle 

I notice that the issue seems to happen sometimes when I reboot, I can hear my gpu fan running louder than usual this almost always significant that the issue will be present 

The issue happen when playing warzone.
*Note that in both case the computer was reboot and was the first time running the game

FPSDROP

Normal FPS

I'm out of ideas of things to try, 

Any help, advice will be highly appreciated.

Here's a few issue I get in event viewer.

The speed of processor 21 in group 0 is being limited by system firmware. The processor has been in this reduced performance state for 71 seconds since the last report.
(does it on multiple cpu cores)
Intel(R) Ethernet Controller I225-V
 Network link is disconnected.

This is the third time you are posting this and you still dont mention what the most critical thing in this equations is. What CPU is this?

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

3 hours ago, Levent said:

This is the third time you are posting this and you still dont mention what the most critical thing in this equations is. What CPU is this?

Intel 12900ks *added thank you

Currently trying to replicate the issue with my friend RTX 3070 ti 

Edit: issue still happens with my friend card, I'm gonna test my card on he's PC.

@Levent could the issue be the cpu?

If so, what would be the approach to test it? Aida64, prime95?

Regards 

@aeon187

Next time your computer is running slow, try running ThrottleStop 9.4.6

https://www.techpowerup.com/download/techpowerup-throttlestop/

In the Options window, check the Nvidia GPU box so your Nvidia GPU temperatures and MHz are included in the log file.

Show me a screenshot of the main ThrottleStop window, the TPL window and the FIVR window. If your CPU is running slow, open the Limit Reasons window and see if anything is lighting up red under the CORE column which indicates throttling is in progress. Exit HWiNFO when testing with ThrottleStop.

Check the Log File box on the main screen and go play a game for at least 10 minutes. When done testing, exit your game and exit ThrottleStop so it can finalize your log file. It will be in your ThrottleStop / Logs folder. Attach a log file to your next post so I can have a look. There might be a clue in this data why your CPU is not running at its full rated speed.

Are you using Windows 11 or Windows 10?  

10 minutes ago, unclewebb said:

@aeon187

Next time your computer is running slow, try running ThrottleStop 9.4.6

https://www.techpowerup.com/download/techpowerup-throttlestop/

In the Options window, check the Nvidia GPU box so your Nvidia GPU temperatures and MHz are included in the log file.

Show me a screenshot of the main ThrottleStop window, the TPL window and the FIVR window. If your CPU is running slow, open the Limit Reasons window and see if anything is lighting up red under the CORE column which indicates throttling is in progress. Exit HWiNFO when testing with ThrottleStop.

Check the Log File box on the main screen and go play a game for at least 10 minutes. When done testing, exit your game and exit ThrottleStop so it can finalize your log file. It will be in your ThrottleStop / Logs folder. Attach a log file to your next post so I can have a look. There might be a clue in this data why your CPU is not running at its full rated speed.

Are you using Windows 11 or Windows 10?  

@unclewebb thank you very much for your reply and advise.

I am using win11 (genuine)

Update: I tried my PSU and videocard on my friend computer ( still testing with warzone) (issue would've happened by now, as it's easily reproducible in my computer with either card after a few restart)

So far I'm unable to reproduce the issue with he's computer.

Out of respect for your time, I will provide the report tomorrow!

Note: I could try he's cpu on my own computer as last resort.

3 hours ago, aeon187 said:

50% performance

I am pretty sure that if you are losing half of your performance that some clue is going to show up in the ThrottleStop log file. Show me that and some screenshots when you have the time. Looking forward to trying to figure this out. 

Threads merged, please don't repost topics.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2