2 Ram Stick Voltage, Timing Mismatch

G.Skill 8GB DDR4 2400 MHz Desktop RAM + Avexir Core White LED 8GB (1x 8GB) DDR4 2400MHz Memory

Gskill-  CAS Latency 15-15-15-35, Voltage 1.50V

VS

Avexir- CL16-16-16-36, Voltage 1.2V

I have The Avexir ram need to buy another ram sitck found the Gskill ram for cheap, the avexir ram pic is attached and found the Gskill details online

289796840_771072474338996_4039144994261348164_n.jpg

As long as they're both DDR4-2400 DRAM on the same style DIMM, I don't see the problem. Mixing brands isn't necessarily what gets you into trouble, unless there's something the system doesn't like about one brand's 'guts'. But as long as they are the same protocol and speed, shouldn't be a problem from my understanding.

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

1 minute ago, An0maly_76 said:

As long as they're both DDR4-2400 DRAM on the same style DIMM, I don't see the problem. Mixing brands isn't necessarily what gets you into trouble, unless there's something the system doesn't like about one brand's 'guts'. But as long as they are the same protocol and speed, shouldn't be a problem from my understanding.

i forgot to mention just edited that the ram voltages also don't match, would this be a problem?

10 minutes ago, ZaforSadikSiam said:

i forgot to mention just edited that the ram voltages also don't match, would this be a problem?

Now THAT is a problem. I'm not sure you can operate different modules at different voltages. The only thing you could do is split the baby, I suppose, which would likely underclock one and overclock the other, or run it at normal speed. But if the voltages are different, the timings are likely different too, which is another problem.

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

46 minutes ago, An0maly_76 said:

Now THAT is a problem. I'm not sure you can operate different modules at different voltages. The only thing you could do is split the baby, I suppose, which would likely underclock one and overclock the other, or run it at normal speed. But if the voltages are different, the timings are likely different too, which is another problem.

What about this ram? This is 1.2v and the timing mostly match except for the last bit which is 39 and the one i have is 36

https://www.corsair.com/eu/en/Categories/Products/Memory/VENGEANCE-LPX/p/CMK8GX4M1A2400C16#tab-tech-specs

Even a slight timing mismatch could potentially be a problem. And if you're running a Ryzen, I wouldn't touch Corsair RAM. Seems to be a problem as of late. I think you'd do a lot better to just get a matched kit in the capacity you need.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

1 minute ago, An0maly_76 said:

Even a slight timing mismatch could potentially be a problem. And if you're running a Ryzen, I wouldn't touch Corsair RAM. Seems to be a problem as of late. I think you'd do a lot better to just get a matched kit in the capacity you need.

That's the problem, i can't find the same stick it was discontinued, and the timing is CL16-16-16-36 for the one I have and the other one the link i just gave is 16-16-16-39 even this close can be a problem??

That close, I can't say for sure. What I mean is that you probably just need to get a matched kit for the full capacity you want that have matched timings and voltages at the better of the two, or at least a compromise between them.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!