Blinking power light but not charging whats the problem?

Loneli san

my sister laptop got a problem and here i am tryna find tha answer, she said the power light is blinking everytime she charge her laptop, but its not charging imma ask if yall know the problem, charger or battery?

Do we get to know the laptop make or model or any information at all?

2 hours ago, Loneli san said:

my sister laptop got a problem and here i am tryna find tha answer, she said the power light is blinking everytime she charge her laptop, but its not charging imma ask if yall know the problem, charger or battery?

I had this problem a little while back with an old acer laptop of mine, twas a problem with the charger that killed the battery. There's usually a sticker on letters and numbers molded into the plastic with laptop model on it.

If you type the right ones into google, you can find the laptops manufacturer. Then look up the amount of long and short blinks and the different colors of the blinks if it does that, and it should tell you what's wrong (Remember to specify the computer manufacturer [ie: Dell, Hp, Acer, etc]). If that doesn't solve anything, I'd recommend visiting the laptop's manufacturer's support page.

If you also can't find the the right numbers to type in, you can send me a picture of the sticker or the molded numbers and letters on the laptop and I'll do the work for you.

If you do find out and haven't opened up a computer or laptop before, bringing it to a local computer repair shop would be the safe bet, but that'll cost more.

1 minute ago, Doiyoi said:

I had this problem a little while back with an old acer laptop of mine, twas a problem with the charger that killed the battery. There's usually a sticker on letters and numbers molded into the plastic with laptop model on it.

If you type the right ones into google, you can find the laptops manufacturer. Then look up the amount of long and short blinks and the different colors of the blinks if it does that, and it should tell you what's wrong (Remember to specify the computer manufacturer [ie: Dell, Hp, Acer, etc]). If that doesn't solve anything, I'd recommend visiting the laptop's manufacturer's support page.

If you also can't find the the right numbers to type in, you can send me a picture of the sticker or the molded numbers and letters on the laptop and I'll do the work for you.

If you do find out and haven't opened up a computer or laptop before, bringing it to a local computer repair shop would be the safe bet, but that'll cost more.

oh and make sure not to send a picture of your windows product key if you do send one

-> Moved to Troubleshooting

Blinking light usually means the battery level is really, really low. It might take longer than usual before it shows any charge.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv