Need a dock for my Asus G733ZW

I recently bought my new Asus laptop(https://rog.asus.com/za/laptops/rog-strix/rog-strix-scar-17-2022-series/) and it has two usbc ports, one usbc and the other one thunderbolt. 

I have 3 AOC CQ27G3S 27" WQHD (2560x1440) 165Hz 1ms VA curved monitors at 165hz. With this I have them connected to the Dell WD19 USB-C Dock with 130W AC Adapter from my old laptop, it works but not really sometimes (most of time) everything feels suuuper laggy even typing this. If think it could also have something to do with running on the cpu graphics. If I swap the dock from usbc to thunderbolt then my Nvidia surround does not work properly. 

How can I fix this is it the dock or cables?

I would like to run the 3 monitors at 1440p 165hz.

Please Help. 

Screenshot 2022-06-24 115522.png

Screenshot 2022-06-24 115738.png

So surround works with USB-C/DisplayPort pass-through, but not with Thunderbolt?

This required a lot of reading, but possible found out where your issue is. Dock has TB3 and it only supports 2 monitors at the time. Bit more searching says that DP over USB-C of laptop is only 10 Gb/s. Thats single monitor worth possibly. So if you wanted to run all monitors through dock, nope. You can get max 2 from TB connection. Or maybe 2 at lower resolution with one using TB as DP port. Or 2 from TB port and one using HDMI of laptop.

You could get 3 monitors through dock, but it would need to be TB4 compatible, and have output ports you need. Overall, running 3 monitors of laptop seems bit too much?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

6 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

So surround works with USB-C/DisplayPort pass-through, but not with Thunderbolt?

This required a lot of reading, but possible found out where your issue is. Dock has TB3 and it only supports 2 monitors at the time. Bit more searching says that DP over USB-C of laptop is only 10 Gb/s. Thats single monitor worth possibly. So if you wanted to run all monitors through dock, nope. You can get max 2 from TB connection. Or maybe 2 at lower resolution with one using TB as DP port. Or 2 from TB port and one using HDMI of laptop.

You could get 3 monitors through dock, but it would need to be TB4 compatible, and have output ports you need. Overall, running 3 monitors of laptop seems bit too much?

Ahh makes sort of sense. But I'm currently running 3 monitors. 

yes surround works with the displayport. 

Screenshot 2022-06-24 134517.png

PXL_20220624_114803749.jpg

PXL_20220624_114819890.jpg

4 minutes ago, DaemonGenius said:

Ahh makes sort of sense. But I'm currently running 3 monitors. 

yes surround works with the displayport. 

Screenshot 2022-06-24 134517.png

PXL_20220624_114803749.jpg

PXL_20220624_114819890.jpg

This seems to be the only way I could get everything on 1440p 100hz+ is with this configuration. But now everything seems lagging sometimes not all the time. Like draggin a window from point a to b it just lags

10 minutes ago, DaemonGenius said:

This seems to be the only way I could get everything on 1440p 100hz+ is with this configuration. But now everything seems lagging sometimes not all the time. Like draggin a window from point a to b it just lags

That would be because port is struggling with data its trying to deliver through. If you disconnect one monitor, does it help with lagging? That would confirm the bandwidth being main issue.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

24 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

That would be because port is struggling with data its trying to deliver through. If you disconnect one monitor, does it help with lagging? That would confirm the bandwidth being main issue.

I'll let you know when it happens again. Seems fine now