wifi card troubles

so recently I bought myself a cheapish Wi-Fi adapter off of amazon to put into an old computer I had so that I could use it as a server, the problems started to arise when I actually connected said adapter to the internet. immediately my phone began to connect and disconnect from my Wi-Fi sporadically and would continuously tell me that my network password was incorrect. The odd part was that my main computer that uses an ethernet cable was able to stay connected and the older computer using the adapter was also unaffected. I had my suspicion that it was caused by the adapter because whenever I either turned the computer off or disconnected on that computer, the Wi-Fi would return to normal on my phone. In case it might help with some sort of troubleshooting, the adapter is a Ubit Wi-Fi 5 + Bluetooth 4.2 adapter 

thanks 

I'd also like to add that I used the included disc to install the drivers and as far as I could tell that had no real effect on the problem though it did increase the speed of the Wi-Fi on my server computer so I suppose they did something. I also did a network reset from the settings and the problem persisted