HELP: Computer randomly shuts down while gaming

cdawgy58

Was hoping someone could help me figure out why my computer randomly completely shuts off while gaming. Happens after about 30 minutes. It is a sudden black screen and the computer doesn't restart or anything. It also crashes in games that aren't graphically intense like rocket league. It just started happening about 8 months ago. Just wanted to see what you all thought before I go out and spend on parts that may not fix it. Appreciate any feedback! Thanks!

Getting lots of error codes 10016 in event viewer

Specs:

GPU: MSI RX470

CPU: i7-8700k

Motherboard: MAG Z390 Tomahawk

RAM: 24GB Hyperx Fury

PSU: Corsaid RM750x (just bought hoping it would fix the issue, it didn't.)

I would first be suspect of graphics card drivers crashing, seeing that you got an AMD card. Did you monitor temperatures during gaming? If not,

Can you download MSI Afterburner, set your fan speeds to maximum and see if the crashes happen later than usual?

*I usually dont attempt to help when I see AMD graphics (due how shit their drivers are) but your avatar did the trick for me*

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

52 minutes ago, Levent said:

I would first be suspect of graphics card drivers crashing, seeing that you got an AMD card. Did you monitor temperatures during gaming? If not,

Can you download MSI Afterburner, set your fan speeds to maximum and see if the crashes happen later than usual?

*I usually dont attempt to help when I see AMD graphics (due how shit their drivers are) but your avatar did the trick for me*

Yeah this thing is a POS, Temps were up to 92c, I turned the fans all the way up and it didn't make a noticable difference, but they were already at ~96% anyways.

Been looking for a 3060 TI to get rid of this thing, but all these miners grab em up. Ill just have to try a lil harder. Appreciate the help, glad the picture was enough of an enticer! Thanks!

11 hours ago, cdawgy58 said:

Yeah this thing is a POS, Temps were up to 92c, I turned the fans all the way up and it didn't make a noticable difference, but they were already at ~96% anyways.

Been looking for a 3060 TI to get rid of this thing, but all these miners grab em up. Ill just have to try a lil harder. Appreciate the help, glad the picture was enough of an enticer! Thanks!

You might want to get yourself a tube of thermal paste (Arctic MX4 is my go to) and give that card a quick cleanup and change the thermal paste while you wait for getting a new graphics card.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18