Upgrading Gaming PC Tips Needed

Budget (including currency): (below) $1000 USD

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: playing less quality intensive games like Minecraft and beefy games like RDR2

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): I currently have a PRIME A32OM-K motherboard, Nvidia GeForce GT 1030, AMD Ryzen 3 3100 4 core CPU, 16gb ram, and a 24 inch 1080p monitor. I am mainly looking for a GPU upgrade, but any advice is appreciated.

I'd personally agree and look into getting a better GPU, that will give you the best gaming increase over what you currently have. That and possibly upgrade to a gsync/freesync monitor depending on whatever manufacturer you go with. I get headaches after a couple hours if I don't play on a gsync monitor, it's probably the biggest "upgrade" I've ever made for quality of life.

Main Rig: | CPU: Intel Core i9-7900x | GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080 Founders | Mobo: Asus ROG Strix X299-E Gaming | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000 MHz | SSD: Samsung 980 Pro w/Heatsink 1TB & Samsung 960 Pro 1TB | Sound: Parasound ZDAC & Burson Soloist Amp | PSU: Corsair RM850 | Fans: 2x Noctua NF-F12 | Case: Caselabs MAGNUM SMA8 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 800 | Keyboard: WASD V3 | Mouse: Logitech G502 Lightspeed | Mousepad: Logitech G PowerPlay | CPU Cooler: bequiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | Primary Monitor: Acer Predator XB272 | Extra Monitors: Samsung Syncmaster PX2370 |

What PSU do you have (specific model), since that'll likely be your biggest limit for what GPUs you can throw in that system. I would probably aim for something like a 6600 XT, or maybe a 6700 XT and a monitor upgrade if you've got the PSU for it.

U would recommend to just  build a new pc with that 1k because the motherboard is going to bottleneck any mid-high end component you use but you should use the ram and storage you used in this build in a new one to save money, but probably should sell mostly everything else on eBay or Jawa.gg. I would suggest a build like this:https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Pcbuild12123/saved/#view=w8RC8d and don’t worry about the 12100f it can handle a 6750 xt no problem.

Everything is rather low tier (or worse..), I'd say you could upgrade on these priorities and budget:

$500 on a GPU => 6700XT

$300 on a better monitor => HP X27Q (1440p 165Hz)

Then with $200 you can get a 5600X CPU, which is much better than a 3100, jbut I'm not sure your board is compatible

System : AMD R9 5900X / Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Eisbaer 280mm AIO (with 2xArctic P14 fans) / 2TB Crucial T500  NVme + 2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/  Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

12 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

What PSU do you have (specific model), since that'll likely be your biggest limit for what GPUs you can throw in that system. I would probably aim for something like a 6600 XT, or maybe a 6700 XT and a monitor upgrade if you've got the PSU for it.

I have a 600W PSU from APEVIA I think

10 minutes ago, 4PcBuilder said:

U would recommend to just  build a new pc with that 1k because the motherboard is going to bottleneck any mid-high end component you use but you should use the ram and storage you used in this build in a new one to save money, but probably should sell mostly everything else on eBay or Jawa.gg. I would suggest a build like this:https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Pcbuild12123/saved/#view=w8RC8d and don’t worry about the 12100f it can handle a 6750 xt no problem.

I had meant below 1000 but forgot to say it, my bad. selling the parts is good advice tho

14 minutes ago, Michae1_ said:

I had meant below 1000 but forgot to say it, my bad. selling the parts is good advice tho

Yeah it was a bit below 1000 and if you sell the parts and use that money then it will pretty much be well below 1000

15 minutes ago, Michae1_ said:

I have a 600W PSU from APEVIA I think

Got it, so you should factor in the cost of a new PSU at the same time. Apevia doesn't exactly have the best reputation for PSUs and I personally wouldn't trust it with anything more than a 1650. The EVGA 750W G6 is $90 right now and should do pretty good. 

I would probably put your money into a monitor upgrade and a GPU upgrade at the same time. 6600 XT would be about $350 + $250-300 for a pretty good monitor, and a 6700 XT would be a pretty good upgrade over that for about $500 with the same monitor. 

5600X and a GT1660TI would make a nice upgrade, but be aware you'll likely need a B550 board, which will likely need a BIOS update for the 5000 series.

If you're on a really tight budget, you might consider reusiing your GT1030 with a 4500. Or perhaps you could still swing a GTX1650, but you'll probably still need a B550 board, I'm told the A320s aren't guaranteed to work with Ryzens beyond a certain architecture, though some allow for BIOS updates that may change this. Yours may or may not be one of those.

Edited by An0maly_76
Revised, more info

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!