One CPU Core 10c hotter?

Elajitz
Go to solution Solved by An0maly_76,
12 minutes ago, Elajitz said:

the core package! at 40c, so it will always stay higher than the rest of the cores? 🙂

Yeah, that's normal for the package temp to be a bit higher... Here are the readings from my 5900X at the moment... near idle with a few browser tabs open... You also have multiple temp sensors at different points on the board, and they all read different, because they're reading different points in the path.

image.thumb.png.ae7dfa578bdca368c603193bec29f85a.png

Is it normal for one CPU core to be 10c hotter over all other cores

At stock speeds on a 5820k

i spike 55/60c during load in a room at 23c! i have reset CPU cooler twice whit Arctic silver 5

is there a specific time for the cool paste to settle and to see a drop in temperatures?

image.png.9bcbd3ebd7e0747b8b8b668d93e27f93.png

I don't see the problem here, which core is supposed to be 10C higher? The package temp is higher, but it's going to be, and even that's not 10C difference.

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

2 minutes ago, An0maly_76 said:

I don't see the problem here, which core is supposed to be 10C higher? The package temp is higher, but it's going to be.

the core package! at 40c, so it will always stay higher than the rest of the cores? 🙂

12 minutes ago, Elajitz said:

Yeah, that's normal for the package temp to be a bit higher... Here are the readings from my 5900X at the moment... near idle with a few browser tabs open... You also have multiple temp sensors at different points on the board, and they all read different, because they're reading different points in the path.

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

19 minutes ago, An0maly_76 said:

okay than i see! it's nothing to be worry about then 🙂

thx for you help 😄

19 minutes ago, Elajitz said:

okay than i see! it's nothing to be worry about then 🙂

thx for you help 😄

NP. We all have to learn. I was bragging about my idle temp being 32C until I figured out that's not what you go by. LOL

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!