pc being infuriating slow

lucasava31

For the past 2 days my pc has been very, very slow. I get 5-10 fps in every game i play and when i enter a game the whole pc performs badly like i cant even enter chrome. I don't know what to do about it, i've already reinstalled gpu drivers but didn't fix anything.

specs:

ryzen 5 3600

rx 6600xt

32gb ram corsair lpx 3000mhz

gigabyte b550 gaming x

samsung 980 1tb 

evga 700br

Temps? Lots of people popping up with issues using Corsair RAM with Ryzens as of late. They're funny about RAM, and like Crucial Ballistix best. Some say it's overpriced, but you get what you pay for.

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

21 minutes ago, An0maly_76 said:

Temps? Lots of people popping up with issues using Corsair RAM with Ryzens as of late. They're funny about RAM, and like Crucial Ballistix best. Some say it's overpriced, but you get what you pay for.

temps are normal (both around 30-35c idle, under load 50-60c), don't see that being the problem tho? games moves horrible as soon as i enter them.

1 minute ago, lucasava31 said:

temps are normal (both around 30-35c idle, under load 50-60c), don't see that being the problem tho? games moves horrible as soon as i enter them.

High thermals can induce throttling and cause a host of issues.

Edited by An0maly_76
Revised, more info

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

1 minute ago, An0maly_76 said:

High thermals can induce throttling and cause a host of issues.

ok. have any other idea of why my system performs bad?

ok. have any other idea of why my system performs bad?

Temps don't sound out of control.. It's possible your RAM has come unseated, not likely, but not impossible. Check your task manager, some malware exists simply for the purpose of tying up system resources to irritate you. Anything that's using a high CPU / GPU % that you don't recognize is suspect.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

4 minutes ago, An0maly_76 said:

Temps don't sound out of control.. It's possible your RAM has come unseated, not likely, but not impossible. Check your task manager, some malware exists simply for the purpose of tying up system resources to irritate you. Anything that's using a high CPU / GPU % that you don't recognize is suspect.

nope. usage is normal cpu like 3% and ram about 16%* with opera gx opened

What about GPU %? Also, have you possibly activated streaming or recording without knowing it? Another member here activated streaming through Invidia's GeForce Experience somehow and didn't realize it. Was tying up their resources big-time.

Edited by An0maly_76
Revised, more info

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

4 minutes ago, An0maly_76 said:

What about GPU %? Also, have you possibly activated streaming or recording without knowing it? Another member here activated streaming through Invidia's GeForce Experience somehow and didn't realize it. Was tying up their resources big-time.

gpu is currently at 0% util and how could i activate geforce experience if i have amd gpu

gpu is currently at 0% util and how could i activate geforce experience if i have amd gpu

fair enough i could've activated amd adrenaline but that is not the case. also i don't stream or record

Download msi + riva tuner statistics server to show you utilisation statistics in game, for riva tuner theres tutorials on yt for that

Then you can screenshot in game with the utilization statistics, that should give an idea of whats going on

Also have you enabled xmp/docp? Enable if you havent

22 minutes ago, lucasava31 said:

fair enough i could've activated amd adrenaline but that is not the case. also i don't stream or record

I don't either, but I activated it once.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

10 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Download msi + riva tuner statistics server to show you utilisation statistics in game, for riva tuner theres tutorials on yt for that

Then you can screenshot in game with the utilization statistics, that should give an idea of whats going on

i already have rivatuner and afterburner. gonna do that and see the results. also yes i have xmp enabled, i've had this pc for at least half a year at this point.

20 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

SO FOR SOME REASON with afterburner opened everything works fine. is this normal??? this is so fkn weird