First time build, booted up pc, monitor shows a scratchy image, please help!

cypider

I am really worried i broke something. this is my first time building a pc and i just booted up my pc and this is what shows on my monitor. the computer turn son but the monitor will switch on and off displaying this screen. If somebody knows the solution, please help me! i also get a led that lights up in the ez debug led portion of my motherboard that is next to boot section. my manual says that means the boot drive is not detected but it detected my nvme in pre test and i never moved it when installing into the case.16554212168212684777748621181761.thumb.jpg.1b04773e8a17cbcec6b6d1fc7607b0fb.jpg

specs: 

cpu: ryzen 5 5600x

gpu: rtx 3060 msi ventus 3x

motherboard: msi mag b550 tomahawk

ssd: nvme m.2 samsung 970 evo plus 1tb

psu: corsair rm 850x 80+ gold

ram: (2 x 8)16gb corsair lgx vengeance 3200mhz ddr4

cpu cooler: cooler master hyper 212 black edition

Always list your specs in your posts. So far it looks like faulty GPU.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

27 minutes ago, Levent said:

Always list your specs in your posts. So far it looks like faulty GPU.

so i pre tested with just my cpu (amd ryzen 5 5600x), gpu(rtx 3060), and my motherboard(msi mag b550 tomahawk), and plugged everything into my psu, before putting anything into the case and i got the bios screen with everything showing up. now it wont boot when everything is plugged in and in the case.

Ryzen and Corsair seem to be a bad combination as of late. I would try Crucial Ballistix for starters, but be sure the RAM is the correct speed for the processor and board.

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

6 minutes ago, An0maly_76 said:

Ryzen and Corsair seem to be a bad combination as of late. I would try Crucial Ballistix for starters, but be sure the RAM is the correct speed for the processor and board.

the ram is 3200mhz. also, if you dobt mind could you explai. what crucial ballistiz is?

It does seem like a video issue. It could be the cable or even the gpu connection or the connection on the monitor could be broken as well. You may have broke either when connecting the cable into the monitor. you may have also broken the video connection on the back of the graphics cards when connecting the cable to your computer. Try using a different monitor and a different cable first. if that doesn't work try a different graphics card and MAKE SURE THE GRAPHICS CARD IS SEATED IN ALL THE WAY. If that doesn't work try using the on board video graphics by connecting the video cable to the back plate of the motherboard which utilizes the on board graphics. Remove teh graphics card from the pc before you do the previous thing mentioned. If none of that works then I would completely disassemble the pc and rebuild it while following the instructions in the below video step by step. 

IT IS DEFENITLY NOT A BRAND ISSUE AS MENTIONED IN THE ABOVE COMMENTS, SUCH AS, "RYZEN AND CORSAIR DONT GO WELL TOGETHER" --- THAT DEFENITLY IS NOT TRUE THE RESON WHY THE COMPUTER IS NOT WORKING RIGHT NOW --- THAT WILL NEVER BE AN ISSUE WHEN BUILDING A PC!

5 minutes ago, RyanWakileh said:

It does seem like a video issue. It could be the cable or even the gpu connection or the connection on the monitor could be broken as well. You may have broke either when connecting the cable into the monitor. you may have also broken the video connection on the back of the graphics cards when connecting the cable to your computer. Try using a different monitor and a different cable first. if that doesn't work try a different graphics card and MAKE SURE THE GRAPHICS CARD IS SEATED IN ALL THE WAY. If that doesn't work try using the on board video graphics by connecting the video cable to the back plate of the motherboard which utilizes the on board graphics. Remove teh graphics card from the pc before you do the previous thing mentioned. If none of that works then I would completely disassemble the pc and rebuild it while following the instructions in the below video step by step. 

IT IS DEFENITLY NOT A BRAND ISSUE AS MENTIONED IN THE ABOVE COMMENTS, SUCH AS, "RYZEN AND CORSAIR DONT GO WELL TOGETHER" --- THAT DEFENITLY IS NOT TRUE THE RESON WHY THE COMPUTER IS NOT WORKING RIGHT NOW --- THAT WILL NEVER BE AN ISSUE WHEN BUILDING A PC!

so do you want me to return my graphics card because i dont really have the patience for that unless if something is broken lol. Also, i used that video all yhe way up until now that i have finished building and i have this issue. is there anything else i can do right now other than take apart my pc?

18 minutes ago, cypider said:

the ram is 3200mhz. also, if you dobt mind could you explai. what crucial ballistiz is?

Ballistix is a brand name used for some (now-discontinued) lines of RAM sold by Crucial, which is a subsidiary of Micron. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

1 minute ago, cypider said:

so do you want me to return my graphics card because i dont really have the patience for that unless if something is broken lol. Also, i used that video all yhe way up until now that i have finished building and i have this issue. is there anything else i can do right now other than take apart my pc?

Unless you want to try all of the trouble shooting steps that I have listed for you, you could just return it. But that isn't my call. I am also not guaranteeing that your gpu is the issue. it is your call. If the monitor or cable is the issue and not the gpu then you will still have this same problem with the next gpu. it seems as if you dont have another gpu so i would just try to connect it to the tv in your home and see if that works. if not then either follow up with all of the troubleshooting steps that i have listed for you or just return the gpu and or all of the other parts and just try again.

1 minute ago, Middcore said:

Ballistix is a brand name used for some (now-discontinued) lines of RAM sold by Crucial, which is a subsidiary of Micron. 

3200mhz refers to the speed at which your ram runs. that is very fast for ddr4 ram, which is what you have. There are even faster speeds for ddr5 ram which is not compatible with your board. So don't try and by that for your pc build.

8 minutes ago, RyanWakileh said:

Unless you want to try all of the trouble shooting steps that I have listed for you, you could just return it. But that isn't my call. I am also not guaranteeing that your gpu is the issue. it is your call. If the monitor or cable is the issue and not the gpu then you will still have this same problem with the next gpu. it seems as if you dont have another gpu so i would just try to connect it to the tv in your home and see if that works. if not then either follow up with all of the troubleshooting steps that i have listed for you or just return the gpu and or all of the other parts and just try again.

i switched with my other monitor (thank god i have one) and i got to the bios screen. never buying from asus again thats for sure. thank you so much man, i appreicate you so much! 🙂

4 minutes ago, cypider said:

i switched with my other monitor (thank god i have one) and i got to the bios screen. never buying from asus again thats for sure. thank you so much man, i appreicate you so much! 🙂

No Problem. If you still have warranty on that monitor then call Asus and have them replace the monitor for you.

15 minutes ago, RyanWakileh said:

No Problem. If you still have warranty on that monitor then call Asus and have them replace the monitor for you.

yep, im going to return it because i still have the return policy. do you think it should be compatible or is it the mo itor compatability that is causing this?

4 minutes ago, cypider said:

yep, im going to return it because i still have the return policy. do you think it should be compatible or is it the mo itor compatability that is causing this?

Well if the monitor you first had with this pc displays the distorted image and the other monitor works fine with the computer then it is most likely that the first monitor is broken. If you get it replaced with the exact same one under your warranty it should work, as long as the replacement doesn't get damaged during shipping, that is most likely what happened to the original monitor.

1 hour ago, RyanWakileh said:

Well if the monitor you first had with this pc displays the distorted image and the other monitor works fine with the computer then it is most likely that the first monitor is broken. If you get it replaced with the exact same one under your warranty it should work, as long as the replacement doesn't get damaged during shipping, that is most likely what happened to the original monitor.

alright, thank you!