12V RGB vs 5V Addressable?

An0maly_76

EDITED:

So, I am looking for a way to duplicate the Corsair iCUE temp monitor RGB control in a CyberPower 1392A GameMaster (LOL). Four Apevia 120s, model unknown, with six-pin connectors. I have at least two Corsair lighting nodes, and a third which is possibly a fan hub, but may simply be a mislabeled lighting node. One has two three-pin ports, the other two have six four-pin ports. Trouble is, Corsair info indicates they use a 5V addressable setup that will not work correctly, if at all, with a 12V, and I'm not sure which these are. I have looked on Pirate Dog Tech's site and if there's something there to adapt six-pin fans to a Corsair 4-pin or 3-pin device, I'm not seeing it.

The biggest question here is whether these six-pin Apevia 120s will work as intended with a Corsair lighting node or controller, and whether the controller can do the temp monitor control with non-Corsair fans. If so, explain what, if anything, needs to be done other than the obvious, or if not, explain why not.

Edited by An0maly_76
Revised, more info

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

7 hours ago, An0maly_76 said:

EDITED:

So, I am looking for a way to duplicate the Corsair iCUE temp monitor RGB control in a CyberPower 1392A GameMaster (LOL). Four Apevia 120s, model unknown, with six-pin connectors. I have at least two Corsair lighting nodes, and a third which is possibly a fan hub, but may simply be a mislabeled lighting node. One has two three-pin ports, the other two have six four-pin ports. Trouble is, Corsair info indicates they use a 5V addressable setup that will not work correctly, if at all, with a 12V, and I'm not sure which these are. I have looked on Pirate Dog Tech's site and if there's something there to adapt six-pin fans to a Corsair 4-pin or 3-pin device, I'm not seeing it.

The biggest question here is whether these six-pin Apevia 120s will work as intended with a Corsair lighting node or controller, and whether the controller can do the temp monitor control with non-Corsair fans. If so, explain what, if anything, needs to be done other than the obvious, or if not, explain why not.

you have to find the pin out of the 6 pins first then ezeast is to cut the connector off and add a different connector to it.

if its 6 pins and 5v adressable there will be 3 for the lighting and 3 for the fan my guess 5v data gound for led and 12v,ground, and tac but gues a guess if its pwm maybe it uses ground for both? if that's even posdable??? or could be 5v fan and 5v argb... i dont no haha

all corsair controllers are 5v argb but one is 4pin and other 3 pin. the 3pin is for the strip and 4 pin for the fans thow with adapters you can hook 4 pin to the 3 pin...

the 3pin gets different controls setting in the software then the 4pin what settings work with what i dont no. there is an adapter you can buy that allows other non corsair stuff get full control i guess like the 4pin fans do... 🤔

corsair argb controller guide.png

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links