Any advice for new laptop

Hey, I'm starting on my bachelors degree in computer engineering and my old acer aspire is a piece of junk that bluescreens when I tried to update the graphics drivers. So I've been looking for a new laptop and I've had my eyes on the dell XPS13 and 15.

I'm going to be using it as my main workstation since I won't have access to my main pc for some months. So I want it to have the capability for light gaming. Mostly retro titles and some lightweight indies. Do any of you have any experiences to share or better alternatives?  The XPS15 is at the max I'm able to spend on this. Thanks in advance and have a beautiful day

*adding later: the model I've been looking at is the Dell XPS 15 9510 - Core i7 11800H - RTX 3050Ti - 512GB SSD, non touch and 1920x1200 screen since there is a sale on a Norwegian site I'm looking at 

Edited by GamerForFun
Forgot to add specifics

3 hours ago, GamerForFun said:

Hey, I'm starting on my bachelors degree in computer engineering and my old acer aspire is a piece of junk that bluescreens when I tried to update the graphics drivers. So I've been looking for a new laptop and I've had my eyes on the dell XPS13 and 15.

I'm going to be using it as my main workstation since I won't have access to my main pc for some months. So I want it to have the capability for light gaming. Mostly retro titles and some lightweight indies. Do any of you have any experiences to share or better alternatives?  The XPS15 is at the max I'm able to spend on this. Thanks in advance and have a beautiful day

*adding later: the model I've been looking at is the Dell XPS 15 9510 - Core i7 11800H - RTX 3050Ti - 512GB SSD, non touch and 1920x1200 screen since there is a sale on a Norwegian site I'm looking at 

Skip the xps lineup they cannot cool themselves to save their lives.

Look at the asus g14 or g15 they are currently on sale the last gen models and will blow the xps away.