AMD graphics card / driver problems

PeterK

When my monitor goes to sleep , it constantly cycles between no signal detected (unplug sound) , and signal detected (plug in sound) - but the screen is still black , as it should be . Now this cycles every minute or every 2 minutes . It absolutely enrages me as i had no luck fixing it myself , also no luck on the internet .

Before anyone says change your power settings I DID , also the grounding is good , i tried with and without grounded plug . System works just fine . I tried on 2 monitors , 3 different DP cables , 1 HDMI cable , same problem persists . I also have a TV . with the tv as the primary display (monitor off) this problem goes away . But with only the monitor and TV off , same problem (unplug/plugin) , even if i remove the secondary display cable the monitor/driver still does his thing . 

ps.: annoying A.F.

I hATE sIGNATURES  ;)

53 minutes ago, PeterK said:

When my monitor goes to sleep , it constantly cycles between no signal detected (unplug sound) , and signal detected (plug in sound) - but the screen is still black , as it should be . Now this cycles every minute or every 2 minutes . It absolutely enrages me as i had no luck fixing it myself , also no luck on the internet .

Before anyone says change your power settings I DID , also the grounding is good , i tried with and without grounded plug . System works just fine . I tried on 2 monitors , 3 different DP cables , 1 HDMI cable , same problem persists . I also have a TV . with the tv as the primary display (monitor off) this problem goes away . But with only the monitor and TV off , same problem (unplug/plugin) , even if i remove the secondary display cable the monitor/driver still does his thing . 

ps.: annoying A.F.

which driver are you using, and which card?

1 hour ago, BiotechBen said:

which driver are you using, and which card?

RX6800XT , the driver is always the latest , but it doesn't matter 

I hATE sIGNATURES  ;)

39 minutes ago, PeterK said:

RX6800XT , the driver is always the latest , but it doesn't matter 

Try going back a few driver versions. I found 22.2.2 to be extremely stable.

19 hours ago, BiotechBen said:

Try going back a few driver versions. I found 22.2.2 to be extremely stable.

I see that was released in february , but i had this problem for more than half a year , perhaps close to a year .

I hATE sIGNATURES  ;)

On 6/13/2022 at 11:25 PM, silencer12 said:

Did you notify AMD and submit a driver bug report?

no , not sure how to do that , or that it will have any impact . 

Momentarily it seems like the issue is sorted . HOWEVER , i have no idea why it stopped , no updates were installed besides the normal windows 10 updates .

I really don't know what to say 'bout this .

I have a hunch tho , mostly i hibernate the system , sometimes for 10-15 days i "accumulate" the hibernation . And suspended states have been known to cause issues . perhaps it has something to do with it aswell .

I hATE sIGNATURES  ;)