Free PC Game demo to show off GPU?

kramertorium

I'm looking for a way to show off a new PC with a 3080ti, ideally a looping demo of a game that I can leave on screen. Unfortunately I'm not a gamer (IT guy), I don't know much about modern games, so I came here for suggestions.

I'm looking for a game with the following requirements:

PC

Requires no purchase

Not playable, just an impressive scene

Will run at 1080p@60 (while I'm demoing the machine it will be attached to a TV)

Ideally, but not required:

Installable without a launcher (I'd rather not install Steam et al for now)

Not ridiculously huge storage requirements

Ability to move around in the game's world; however, just a single location with moving stuff is OK too

Recently released AAA game

You know how Best Buy shows off TVs with a loop of some 4K HDR content (with the brightness cranked up to stupid levels)? I'm looking for that idea (sans ridiculous brightness) -- a looping demo of something "wow!" for people to admire, rather than a benchmark or a video. Because I'll be running the demo at low resolution, it would need to be a very detailed game, something I'd crank all the detail settings to the max.

Thanks so much in advance!

Unigine's benchmark have automatic loop but graphics arent really impressive. 3Dmark also has a loop function but you have to pay for the upgrade.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Unigine Superposition is very nice indeed, not a game nor very new though.

Very many requirements though, and Superposition does not fulfill all requirements.

I edit my posts more often than not

Unigne Superposition I think you have to pay too for looping. You can do Heaven but as stated it does not look very great since it's almost 20 years old or something. It's the only completely free option I can think of though.

I agree wit Superposition. It is one of their newer bench-marking tools.

You can find it here: https://www.techpowerup.com/download/unigine-superposition/

Check to see if it fits all of your needs.

Win10 - AMD 5800X, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Elite, RX 6800XT Midnight Black, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB, ARCTIC Liquid Freezr II 360-ARGB, Sabrent Rocket Q 2TB, Cooler Master V850, Fractal Design Meshify 2

unRAID - AMD 1700X, GIGABYTE B450 Aorus Pro, Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB, Noctua NH-D9L, WD Red 4TB x3, WD Green 2TB, Intel 160GB SSD, Seasonic S12III 550W, Fractal Design Node 605

pfSense - Intel i5 4570S, ASUS H97I-PLUS, Samsung Green 8GB, Zalman CNPS80G, WD Scorpio Blue 320GB, EVGA SuperNova GA 550W, Fractal Design Node 304

Meanwhile I tried a few things:

the nvidia Star Wars Elevator tech demo looked good but requires higher resolution

Final Fantasy XV has a free demo but since you can't move around it kinda just feels like a video

Uniengine is best so far (thank you!) and that's what I'll go with for now, it looks pretty good and you can switch between the demo and 'gameplay'.

I think I'm good unless there's something else that is newer/prettier. What I realize I'd really love, and I doubt exists, is a demo that moves on its own (say, the camera slowly rotates around the player) but you can also move the character.

But I'm happy with Uniengine for now.

You could install something like autohkey and make a looping spam click, then launch any game that got a benchmark, then put the spam clic of autohkey on the restart button for benchmark... 

Since I don't think any game got a looping option for benchmark. 

I don't play newer game so I cannot give you a good example of latest game with benchmark, maybe forza horizon demo? 

I just realized I've been typing Unigine wrong 🤪

FYI Superposition asks for an upgrade if you select 'stress', but 'performance' works fine

21 minutes ago, kramertorium said:

I just realized I've been typing Unigine wrong 🤪

FYI Superposition asks for an upgrade if you select 'stress', but 'performance' works fine

Yeah stress is the benchmark looping but if the regular benchmark serve your needs then that's great. The "game" function is kinda funny to try out as well with its physics.