Crashing on RTX 3070TI

Go to solution Solved by Francis Girard,

So, update. It seems like it was a driver related issue. I had updated the drivers but since i have updated once more and things seem fixed for now. Thx to everyone for their suggested.

I recently upgraded from a 1050ti to a 3070ti and things aren't going smoothly. Every time I try to play a game, it crashes within 5 minutes or so, with temps never going above 70 degrees. I'm thinking it might be a power supply issue because I have a 750w psu. Another thing it could be is that my games were downloaded while i was on 1050ti, because games i downloaded after seems to work better at least.

As much as it could be a simple driver issue I’d reckon it may even be an issue with ram speed even or as you reckon psu

I don’t think a 700w would struggle with a 3070ti but would like to know what PSU you actually have

2 minutes ago, G3R489 said:

As much as it could be a simple driver issue I’d reckon it may even be an issue with ram speed even or as you reckon psu

I don’t think a 700w would struggle with a 3070ti but would like to know what PSU you actually have

i have a 750w gold rated seasonic psu. A gx 750 to be exact. Assassins creeds origins works really well. I also have downloaded the game ready drivers from nvidia first thing after installing the card.

How is it "crashing"  If it's a hard power off then your PSU is pooped

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

Soo, what games crashed?

Since you said games you newly downloaded works fine, just uninstall the crashing ones then reinstall?
(Which shouldn't matter honestly)

Have you tried DDU-ing then reinstalling the drivers ?

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

That psu sounds up to the job in all honesty so I can’t imagine it’s that

I think some are having problems with 3000 series crashing on unreal and certain game engines right now however it’s out of my area of expertise to diagnose software issues to that level

For all I know it could even end up being like some of the early AMD400 series gpu’s that got recalled for high power spikes.

However my diagnosis wouldn’t be the psu in this case. Try lowering the clock speed of RAM and make sure no OC is running on 3070ti as that’s been a problem I’ve encountered in the passed from a different system. Then if it still happens I’m afraid that’s beyond my expertise

Best of luck!!

Only games crashes, i have troubles with overwatch, grounded and Assassins Creed origins litteraly just crashed right now. My pc doesn't turn off, just the games that crash.

5 minutes ago, Poinkachu said:

Soo, what games crashed?

Since you said games you newly downloaded works fine, just uninstall the crashing ones then reinstall?
(Which shouldn't matter honestly)

Have you tried DDU-ing then reinstalling the drivers ?

What does ddu-ing means?

4 minutes ago, G3R489 said:

That psu sounds up to the job in all honesty so I can’t imagine it’s that

I think some are having problems with 3000 series crashing on unreal and certain game engines right now however it’s out of my area of expertise to diagnose software issues to that level

For all I know it could even end up being like some of the early AMD400 series gpu’s that got recalled for high power spikes.

However my diagnosis wouldn’t be the psu in this case. Try lowering the clock speed of RAM and make sure no OC is running on 3070ti as that’s been a problem I’ve encountered in the passed from a different system. Then if it still happens I’m afraid that’s beyond my expertise

Best of luck!!

Do i check in bios for the gpu oc?

2 minutes ago, Francis Girard said:

Only games crashes, i have troubles with overwatch, grounded and Assassins Creed origins litteraly just crashed right now. My pc doesn't turn off, just the games that crash.

Yeah that’s 95%+ chance it’s not a PSU issue, that’s 

1 minute ago, Francis Girard said:

What does ddu-ing means?

the process of removing all existing drivers and putting the pc to a base state to make sure nothing from the old drivers is conflicting

1 minute ago, Francis Girard said:

Do i check in bios for the gpu oc?

Gpu OC can often be done using the software that comes with the card

but if you don’t know how to do it you won’t have done it before so don’t worry about that step

Yeah, gpu will be fine, I’d say best step is to follow a tutorial on YouTube on how to use DDU to uninstall drivers, then reinstall all new stable drivers and see if crashes remain

9 minutes ago, Francis Girard said:

What does ddu-ing means?

DDU = Display Driver Uninstaller
It's a software used by many to cleanly uninstall a graphic driver.

Like @G3R489 mentioned, there should be a gazillion guide video for DDU-ing.
Just make sure you download the software from somewhere safe.

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

11 minutes ago, G3R489 said:

Yeah, gpu will be fine, I’d say best step is to follow a tutorial on YouTube on how to use DDU to uninstall drivers, then reinstall all new stable drivers and see if crashes remain

Alright, drivers are reinstalled, testing if the problems remain now.

If you don't get full system crashes (i.e. hard resets), but only application crashes (back to desktop), windows should log the error in the event log, and possibly even game log files. Look for those error logs, they usually give more information what caused the error. Also your model of 3070 Ti is overclocked, that may be part of the problem, have you tried running it at standard 3070 Ti speeds?

Just now, Alvin853 said:

If you don't get full system crashes (i.e. hard resets), but only application crashes (back to desktop), windows should log the error in the event log, and possibly even game log files. Look for those error logs, they usually give more information what caused the error. Also your model of 3070 Ti is overclocked, that may be part of the problem, have you tried running it at standard 3070 Ti speeds?

I don't know how to do either of those things. I'll go look it up real quick.

So, update. It seems like it was a driver related issue. I had updated the drivers but since i have updated once more and things seem fixed for now. Thx to everyone for their suggested.