CPU-Z showing very low frequency of 4800-DDR5 laptop ram?

Hello, I just bought ROG Zephyrus G15 (2022 version) with 16GB DDR5 RAM (8 soldered + 8 stick), and I just installed CPU-Z to check the RAM and this is what I got:

12894577_Screenshot2022-06-10152222.png.d0d9600f82953cc963ef014338e2e066.png

What the hell are those readings! (575 MHZ DRAM Frequency?) (Uncore Frequency 287.8MHZ)

I also got this result in SPD tab:

2015365348_Screenshot2022-06-10152254.png.c8964b5f774cadcef5e75274b6c40cc2.png

Is this normal? Or have I just got screwed by ASUS?! 

13 minutes ago, Fadi Obaji said:

575 MHZ DRAM Frequency?

multiply that speed by 4

check in task manager as shown in screenshot below

Screenshot 2022-06-10 053921.png

7 minutes ago, Savage2k said:

multiply that speed by 4

Can you explain please? why do I have to multiply by 4? 

3 minutes ago, Fadi Obaji said:

Can you explain please? why do I have to multiply by 4? 

575 mhz * 4 = 2300 MHz 

DDR5 shows up as quad because of the 2x32 bus to CPU-Z. It should still be dual channel. So Intel says, though Quad makes more sense from a technical standpoint.

3 minutes ago, Tan3l6 said:

DDR is still double data rate.

4 minutes ago, Savage2k said:

DDR5 shows up as quad because of the 2x32 bus to CPU-Z. It should still be dual channel. So Intel says, though Quad makes more sense from a technical standpoint.

thats why cpu z devides speed by channels not the data rate , as we know that ddr5 works in 64bit but it also can work in 2x32 bit , that means when you will have dual channel it will work on 4x32 (2x32bit every channel) 

For some reason I can't quote, but @Savage2k- Should single channel DDR4 run at half speed? Most likely not.

Channels and data rate are oh so different.

I edit my posts more often than not

1 minute ago, Tan3l6 said:

For some reason I can't quote, but @Savage2k- Should single channel DDR4 run at half speed? Most likely not.

Channels and data rate are oh so different.

and there is a difference between DDR5 and DDR4 in case of them acting when it comes to Bit Bus

5 minutes ago, Savage2k said:

and there is a difference between DDR5 and DDR4 in case of them acting when it comes to Bit Bus

Again, how would you comment about some DDR5 setups that have the speeds reported by CPUID to be 2600Mhz:

https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/cpu-z-shows-quad-channel.292409/

Are they running at DDR10400 ?

I edit my posts more often than not

Quad Channel DDR5?

One of the first things you might encounter with Alder Lake is that CPU-Z will indicate that you have a four channel memory controller („Quad Channel“). Until now, this has been the privilege of Threadrippers or Intel X99/X299 platforms and similar hardware. Such reporting is not incorrect, because every DDR5 module behaves as two independent channels (or logical channels) from the perspective of the memory controller. While in the case of DDR4 a single module behaves as a single 64bit channel, in the case of DDR5 a change has been conducted whereby a module has been split into two 32bit channels. With two modules you therefore have four logical channels with 32bit width each.

From the point of view of the theoretical bandwidth there is no actual change, the benefit of two “pseudo channels” within a single module rests on their ability to support two independent accesses at the same time. So despite the theoretical bandwidth not being changed, it becomes possible to yield a higher practically achievable bandwidth and thereby a higher performance out of that same theoretical potential.

This might cause confusion, perhaps it might be better to keep referring to this setup as two channels. You might therefore find the same Alder Lake setup is sometimes given the dual-channel label as well as the quad-channel label (e.g. in CPU-Z). Perhaps the ideal way to handle this would be to start to state the controller width, instead of the number of channels, as is done with GPU. Using this terminology, Alder Lake has a memory controller with a width of 128bit, just like all prior mainstream platforms (2×64 bits with DDR4 and 4×32 bits with DDR5).

https://www.hwcooling.net/en/alder-lake-and-ddr5-xmp-3-0-dynamic-memory-boost-and-more/

I believe it should still look like this. Something seems off but I'm figuring all this out through a lot of reading right now.

crucial-ddr5-info.jpg

3 minutes ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

https://www.hwcooling.net/en/alder-lake-and-ddr5-xmp-3-0-dynamic-memory-boost-and-more/

I believe it should still look like this. Something seems off but I'm figuring all this out through a lot of reading right now.

crucial-ddr5-info.jpg

But my laptop is not Alder lake, it's Ryzen 7 6800hs, I'm going to take out the 8GB stick and run CPU-Z with only the soldered ram and see what happens

2 minutes ago, Fadi Obaji said:

But my laptop is not Alder lake, it's Ryzen 7 6800hs, I'm going to take out the 8GB stick and run CPU-Z with only the soldered ram and see what happens

The point was more about CPU-Z + DDR5.