Looking for inputs regarding a high-end gaming + music PC with dual-booting.

I have for a long time planned to buy a new PC, but had to but it on hold, until prices and parts are going somewhat back to normal.

Budget (including currency): 17.000 DKK or roughly 2.300 EUR, but preferable lower.

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: It would have two primary uses, gaming and music production. For gaming, it would mostly be Crusader Kings 3, Snowrunner, Cyberpunk 2077, and Victoria 3 when it comes out + other older games. For music production, it would mostly be FL Studio and Renoise.

Other details: I will be using two 1440p 60Hz monitors, with a possibility of upgrading sometime in the future (3-5 years in to the furture). I will be upgrading from the PC that I have in my signature. While that PC isn't bad, I still want something newer. I would also like to have a dual-boot machine, running Win10 and Linux Mint. I have some questions regarding AMD CPU vs. Intel CPU, and AMD vs. Nvidia, which I will list under the lists of PC parts.

The lists I have thought of:

AMD:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800x

CPU Cooler: ARCTIC Freezer 34 eSports DUO

MOBO: ASUS ROG Strix X570-F or ASUS TUF Gaming X570-PLUS (WI-FI)

Intel:

CPU: Intel Core i5-12600K

CPU Cooler: ARCTIC Freezer 34 eSports DUO

MOBO: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4 or ASRock Z690 Extreme

AMD GPU: Sapphire NITRO+ Radeon RX 6700 XT or Sapphire Radeon RX 6700 XT Pulse OC or other RX 6700XT

Nvidia GPU: ASUS GeForce RTX 3070 Ti TUF OC or ZOTAC NVIDIA® GeForce® RTX 3070 Ti AMP Holo or other 3070ti

RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200MHz 32GB

SSD: Samsung 980 PRO 1TB or WD Black SN850 1TB

HDD x2: Toshiba X300 Performance 4TB

PSU: Seasonic FOCUS GX 850 850W or Corsair RM850 850W

Case: be quiet! Pure Base 500DX

Where I have two things listed, it's more due to what is in stock and what is cheaper at the different shops, I'm looking at. Due to the dual-boot setup, my thought process is that I would want to have my Windows files on one storage driver, and all my Linux files on another, hence why I have two storage drives. Also I decided to go for HDD over SATA SSD's due to lower price per TB.

For me, the cheapest of these options is going Intel CPU and AMD GPU, although there isn't that big of a price jump, going with AMD CPU + AMD GPU.

The questions I have:

1.  For my use, would the Ryzen 7 setup be better than the I5 setup?
  2.  With the dual-booting in mind, would the 2 HDD's be a better option than a single drive, with two partitions?
  3. Nvidia has been known as problematic with regards of Linux drivers, but the 6700XT card is slower in Windows compared to the 3070ti, so should I go for the better Windows performance over better Linux drivers?
  4. To my knowledge all of my parts fits and are of good quality, but is there anything you would change?
  5. While I think that waiting and going with next-gen hardware, will perform better, I still think that this is still really good and should last me a long time, but should I maybe wait for the next-gen hardware, for either better hardware or lower prices for this hardware?

I hope that this post makes sense, and I'm looking forward to any inputs.

Current Specs: CPU: Intel I5 4690K, Motherboard: ASUS Z97-AR, RAM: 8GB Kingston HyperX 1600Mhz, GPU: Sapphire Nitro Radeon R9 390, SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, HDD: 3x Seagate Constellation ES 500GB in RAID 5, PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2, Case: Antec LanBoy Air Blue/Black. Mouse: Corsair M65 Pro, Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate(2012), Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud 1.

https://dk.pcpartpicker.com/list/sp2h9r

This is what I would go with. The specific hdds you asked for aren't don't have a price listed on pcpartpicker so if they are cheaper by all means get those instead. Usually the nvidia vs amd gpu debate can be boiled down to what you are going to use it for. If you are just gaming, radeon cards have a better price to pwrfromance than nvida cards do. I'd you are going to use feature like dlss or Ray tracing/ professional programs like Adobe, than I'd pick nvida. As per your use, I can't say for sure on what workload your music programs will rely on more so unfortunately I can't say for certain. In most cases the 12700 I listed will outperform the 5800x plus with future upgradibility if get the intel cpu. Really waiting for the next gen is up to you. This system is by no means bad but we don't know what the 4000 series cards or raptor lake will bring to the table. So if you choose to wait in addition to not needing this system asap then that would be understandable 

1. No, the i5 is a beast. I would stick with Intel for this round. For gaming at 60 hz you wont notice the difference. The higher single core performance of the i5 will be a bit better for music production (and gaming once you upgrade the monitor to a high hz model).

2. I think one drive is fine for just files / no os. Maybe even use a file system both os'es can work with. I would consider a NAS also.

3. I cant speak for Mint specifically but my experience with Nvidia and plain Ubuntu is quite good. I think Nvidia has stepped up their game with linux support. For gaming / Windows I would tend to Nvidia because of DLSS. Price wise the 3070 Ti makes less sense usually, only if its very closely priced to a 3070.

4. It's all good, just don't get the Corsair memory for AMD. And I would get a bit higher end cooler like a Dark Rock 4, but im sure the arctic will also be just fine. Maybe a bit louder.

5. You could wait for RTX 4000 next month (probably). But once thats out you can wait for Ryzen 7000, and so on. I think its a good time to buy hardware right now.

Consider an i7-12700(F) on a motherboard like the MSI PRO B660-A.

If immediate needs are low enough, consider all SSD storage.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i7-12700 2.1 GHz 12-Core Processor  (2957.00kr @ Proshop) 
CPU Cooler: ARCTIC Freezer 34 eSports DUO CPU Cooler  (328.00kr @ Proshop) 
Motherboard: MSI PRO B660-A DDR4 ATX LGA1700 Motherboard  (1296.00kr @ Proshop) 
Memory: G.Skill Aegis 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  (880.00kr @ Proshop) 
Storage: Western Digital Black SN850 2 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (2081.00kr @ Proshop) 
Storage: Western Digital Black SN850 2 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (2081.00kr @ Proshop) 
Video Card: Asus GeForce RTX 3070 Ti 8 GB TUF GAMING Video Card  (5590.00kr @ Proshop) 
Case: be quiet! Pure Base 500DX ATX Mid Tower Case  (783.00kr) 
Power Supply: SeaSonic FOCUS GX 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (926.00kr @ Proshop) 
Total: 16922.00kr
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2022-06-10 18:24 CEST+0200

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

Okay, I'm back again and have updated my planned build:

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i7-12700F 2.1 GHz 12-Core Processor  (2624.00kr @ Proshop)
CPU Cooler: ARCTIC Freezer 34 eSports DUO CPU Cooler  (328.00kr @ Proshop)
Motherboard: Asus PRIME H670-PLUS D4 ATX LGA1700 Motherboard  (1415.00kr @ Proshop)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  (1047.00kr @ Proshop)
Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (1008.00kr @ Proshop)
Storage: Toshiba X300 6 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (1289.00kr)
Video Card: Asus GeForce RTX 3070 Ti 8 GB TUF GAMING Video Card  (5590.00kr @ Proshop)
Case: be quiet! Pure Base 500DX ATX Mid Tower Case  (754.00kr)
Power Supply: SeaSonic FOCUS GX 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (926.00kr @ Proshop)
Total: 14981.00kr
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2022-06-11 00:31 CEST+0200

• After reading the comments, I decided to go i7 12700F + H670 instead of the i5 + Z690 due to more performance for the same money. I do however loose both iGPU and the ability to overclock, but I'm willing to lose this over performance.
  • The reason for why I picked that 3070ti is because it cost the same as a 3070 non-TI, and therefore I went with the more powerful one.
  • I thought about it, and decided to go with 1 Boot disk and 1 storage disk, and then just split both drives for the Win10 and Linux Mint. And if I want more storage I should invest into a NAS solution. I have read that it's easier to do dual booting Win+Linux on one drive compared to two drives.
  • I picked that cooler, because I know there is included mounting hardware for LGA1700, and I'm not too sure about others. I would prefer to not have to go through the manufacturers to get the mounting kit.

If there is anymore ideas, and input, I'm still open for it, but I think that this build is fine for me.

Current Specs: CPU: Intel I5 4690K, Motherboard: ASUS Z97-AR, RAM: 8GB Kingston HyperX 1600Mhz, GPU: Sapphire Nitro Radeon R9 390, SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, HDD: 3x Seagate Constellation ES 500GB in RAID 5, PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2, Case: Antec LanBoy Air Blue/Black. Mouse: Corsair M65 Pro, Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate(2012), Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud 1.