Long range lense options / adapting lenses for Fujifilm X-T3

I've been trying to find a super long range lense for my X-T3 but lense options for Fuji are somewhat limited... I have the Fuji 50-230 f4.5 but it's definitely not turning out to be long enough. I use my Fuji almost exclusively for photos. I'd like something 600mm ish (900mm ish in full frame equivalent) but I also don't want to dump $2000 into one lense. Is going down the route of an x-mount to ef adapter and an ef lense (or other mount system) a decent idea or does there tend to be problems? Been considering this Sigma + an adapter, I know any lense isn't going to be "pocketable" at this kind of range

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1082154-REG/sigma_150_600mm_f_5_6_3_dg_os.html

On 6/9/2022 at 3:35 PM, Consoledotlog said:

I've been trying to find a super long range lense for my X-T3 but lense options for Fuji are somewhat limited... I have the Fuji 50-230 f4.5 but it's definitely not turning out to be long enough. I use my Fuji almost exclusively for photos. I'd like something 600mm ish (900mm ish in full frame equivalent) but I also don't want to dump $2000 into one lense. Is going down the route of an x-mount to ef adapter and an ef lense (or other mount system) a decent idea or does there tend to be problems? Been considering this Sigma + an adapter, I know any lense isn't going to be "pocketable" at this kind of range

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1082154-REG/sigma_150_600mm_f_5_6_3_dg_os.html

What is your use case that’s requiring a 900mm lens?  

Sigma makes good stuff and the review of EF glass adapted to your camera are pretty good, so the lens should function well enough. But please remember to take the crop factor into the F stop as well before you buy,   You’re going to be starting at f/8 at the widest and be sitting at f/11 at that 900mm, so I hope you’re shooting on nothing but incredibly sunny days or are somehow in a very light controlled environment otherwise you’re going to need to pump your iso into the stratosphere.

Sadly there is a reason glass that can do this kind of thing well is very, very expensive.  If you can make 900mm f/11 work for you then this setup is a *reasonable* way to get there, but only if this is literally the only way for you to get your shots.

Edit: Just want to clarify here, this solution really is only something to consider assuming you are not using this in any kind of professional/paid capacity.  If you are being hired to take these pictures then this is absolutely not the route you should be looking and instead you should find a rental house and rent professional glass that will get you the results clients are looking for until you can afford to purchase your own stuff.