Help Building a Budget PC

Budget (including currency): 250 USD

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Zoom, Internet Browsing Word Processing

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

I'm not familiar with hardware in this price range. I don't know how one can even build a desktop within this price range. Can someone please lend me a hand? This is for someone that just wants to use the computer for nothing but using Zoom, surfing the internet, watching YouTube, and doing word processing. The person was using a newer laptop HP Laptop 14-dq005dx (https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-14-d0000-laptop-pc-series/28803377/model/38322708/document/c07006533) and it had difficulty with Zoom. This person does not want to do any gaming. I assume an integrated graphics CPU would be required.

I believe that buck for buck, a desktop would outperform a laptop, but at a $250 price range I'm not so sure if that applies.

My friend can use her TV as a monitor, and then a mouse and keyboard combo for about $20 at goodwill.

Can someone help me put a build together for this budget.?

You'd be really hard strung to get a full list of computer parts for 250. Your best bet would to buy used from somewhere like ebay or Facebook marketplace like a dell optiplex

Yea I figured. A Dell Optiplex would be the best for 250$ budget? I'm really not familiar with hardware in the price bracket at all

I would recommend a Dell Optiplex and maybe a small SSD for a boot drive, for ease of access.

19 minutes ago, Yoshi Moshi said:

Yea I figured. A Dell Optiplex would be the best for 250$ budget?

That would be my guess at least. Something like this 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/374120531497?hash=item571b524629:g:hEoAAOSwyA5ioTZt

Would probably be enough for zoom and browsing the web. Although you might be able to find a better config or for cheaper based on your location and local pcs