Weird Problem

AsianManiax

I've been trying to fix this weird audio problem for the path few days on my newly built PC. It connects to my earbuds just fine but when I try to output sound, it instead either outputs static or nothing at all. I've tried all the solutions on youtube and different forums but it did not work. However, I recently found that what did work is troubleshooting. But the thing is, when I troubleshoot the audio, the audio starts to output (although notably worse than it usually is with my galaxy s10) but when I close the troubleshoot tab, the audio stops working again. I've tested this multiple times and it seems that no matter what, when I close that troubleshooting tab, the audio stops working. Has anyone had this problem and is there a way to fix this?

Details on your exact Bluetooth setup and how it accepts audio input.

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

First I want to point out that in Windows, Bluetooth headsets appear as two different audio devices and each has different functionality. One is usually called "Headset" with the Hands-free label and the other "Headphones" with the Stereo Label

1. The "Hands-Free AG Audio" is a built-in Windows generic driver and you cannot remove it. Using this device will only give you mono audio through the headphones, because Bluetooth needs the other channel of audio for the microphone.
  2. You should also have a "Stereo" driver for normal headphone operation. You cannot use the microphone in stereo mode.

Next I want you to check your default devices. Open a command prompt and type in mmsys.cpl to open the sound control panel. Windows will often automatically set the stereo driver as the default device, but sometimes sets the default communication device as the hands-free driver. You want to select the driver you wish to use, and then click the Set Default button at the bottom right to make the same driver be used for both situations. https://www.mcbsys.com/blog/2018/09/set-default-communications-device-in-windows-10-1803/

After that, you might also need to ensure you have the correct device/driver selected in your application. Voice chat applications like Discord, zoom, teams, and even windows game bar have their own audio settings which often ignore system defaults. If you've got the opposite driver set in the application as what's chosen in the sound control panel, you'll often end up with no audio.

Quick note: Most people change their audio by clicking the sound icon in the taskbar > arrow next to current device > choose new device. This ONLY changes the default audio device, NOT the default communication device.