Laptop for Computer Engineer(programming)/Automation electrician engineer.

EDIT: Read latest message.

I have been out of the laptop market for a while, but now I am soon going back to school, either Computer Engineer(programming) or Automation electrician engineer (Have been accepted for both, dont know what of them to choose yet), and then I need a new laptop as the only one I have is shit and old.

I am not really sure what to go for yet, so if anyone have any ideas to narrow the search, it would be fine.

My budget is about 1200€, but preferably cheaper if dont loose too much, possibly more if there is some large enough benefit.

Screen must be 15-16".
Screen resolution is probably fine with 1080p, but not totally sure.

I want to it have nice build quality, dont have to be amazing but nice.

I dont need something with great GPU performance, but I would also like it to be able to play light games when not at school or home, so I am sort of leaning towards AMD as they still have better iGPU than Intel Right?

256GB storage is def too little.

Some say its a benefit of having touch screen for example in math/physics classes as its easier to write in formulas on it than other ways, but I have never had a laptop with one before. But then I would probably want a pen?

Currently I am looking little bit at HP Envy X360 15,6" with Ryzen 5500U, 16GB Memory, 512 GB storage, But I am not really sure if anything else exist or if I should drop the touch screen for more powerful CPU/cheaper.

Was really looking for 5600H but I didnt find laptops with that and touch screen.

Anyone have any comments?

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

I have noticed the Envy X360 have a shit 45% NTSC 250 nits screen, but many other laptops have it too.

I noticed Samsung makes some laptops with Amoled tho, I am then afraid of burn in?

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 

-Stephen Hawking

The 400 Nit Version of X360 is better, but I can only get in Intel, so the laptops I am considering now is:

Samsung Galaxy Book pro and pro 360 with either i7 1165G7  16gb memory or i5-1135G7 8 GB. The 360 is +100€ and the i7s and 16gb over the i5 and 8gb is about +50-100€.

Lenovo Yoga 7 with i5 1135G7 16GB memory, Same price as Samsung 360 i7.

HP Envy x360 with i5 1135G7 8 GB memory, same price as Samsung 360 i5 or non 360 i7.

Acer Swift 3 with i5 11300H/11370H 16BG memory, 100€ cheaper than Samsung i5 non 360.

Asus Vivobook OLED, different models, about same price as Samsungs.

I am sort of afraid of burn in with Samsung and Asus with Oled, but maybe burn in on those displays are worth it for better display?

Seems like most cheaper laptops have poor screen, aka 45% NTSC. (probably 6 bit?)

-Stephen Hawking

• 4 weeks later...

Depending on what exactly you are planning to use it for but I generally recommend a laptop with the latest Intel Core i5 or Core i7 chips, and at the very least, 8GB of RAM – though 16GB is even better. Many of the programs engineering students rely on are also graphically intensive programs – especially CAD, MATLAB, and Solid Works, which are used for 3D modeling and video rendering. Moreover, I would suggest getting it immediately https://www.zaptest.com/ui-testing-automation, as it provides automated UI testing solutions for all platforms and APIs, including Windows, macOS, iOS, Linux, web, and mobile.

Right Now, I am leaning towards Lenovo Yoga Slim 7 pro 14", but there are multiple versions.

AMD 5600H and 2,2k IPS, 60hz, 300 nits, matte, 1000€

• Better CPU
  • Cheapest
  • Worse Screen

Intel 11300h OR 1135G7 and 2,8k IPS, 90hz, 400 nits, glossy, 1000-1300€

• Better Screen
  • Worse CPU

AMD 5800HS and 2,8k OLED, 90hz, 400 nits, glossy, 1300€

• Best CPU
  • Screen is higher resolution, but is oled so less sharp than the IPS and risk of burn in
  • Maybe worse battery time
  • Most expensive

There is also 12th gen intel ones but those are only on Lenovos site and have long expected shipping so sort of dont want to do that.

Not sure what to go for yet.

-Stephen Hawking

• 3 weeks later...

Yoga slim 7 pro OLED is on sale.

I am debating if its worth it as I have red it has PWM dimming of the screen at 360hz and I dont know if I am sensitive, or go with the safer option of the 2,2k IPS.

-Stephen Hawking