New build having random crashes

T_0M

Hey guys, my friend recently got a new PC, I put it together for him and now he's getting some issues. When he's playing certain, more intensive games (Mostly DayZ and Escape from Tarkov, games like CSGO are fine). The crash is instant and there doesnt seem to be any drop in performance beforehand, he's been keeping an eye on his temps and they're all below 70c under load. We've tried re-seating ram, uninstalled and reinstalled all drivers, updated chipset, updated BIOS, checked SFC /Scan now in CMD, still randomly crashing. The only thing he hasn't done is that he is still running on the same install of windows from his old rig, and he doesnt particularly want to do a fresh install, but thats the last thing I can think of, could it be anything else? any help would be appreciated, cheers 
He is also getting this error code in maintainance and security when Tarkov crashes, if its any use: AppHangB1

Specs: 

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 3.7 GHz 12-Core Processor
BeQuiet Darkrock pro
MSI B550M
Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB (2 x 16) DDR4 - 3600
Palit 3080 Gaming Pro 
Corsair Mx 850w 80+ Gold
(case wont matter I assume but Corsair 400D)

Do they have another drive they can do a fresh install on to test?

Did they change from an Intel platform to AMD?

Win10 - AMD 5800X, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Elite, RX 6800XT Midnight Black, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB, ARCTIC Liquid Freezr II 360-ARGB, Sabrent Rocket Q 2TB, Cooler Master V850, Fractal Design Meshify 2

unRAID - AMD 1700X, GIGABYTE B450 Aorus Pro, Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB, Noctua NH-D9L, WD Red 4TB x3, WD Green 2TB, Intel 160GB SSD, Seasonic S12III 550W, Fractal Design Node 605

pfSense - Intel i5 4570S, ASUS H97I-PLUS, Samsung Green 8GB, Zalman CNPS80G, WD Scorpio Blue 320GB, EVGA SuperNova GA 550W, Fractal Design Node 304

5 minutes ago, T_0M said:

Hey guys, my friend recently got a new PC, I put it together for him and now he's getting some issues. When he's playing certain, more intensive games (Mostly DayZ and Escape from Tarkov, games like CSGO are fine). The crash is instant and there doesnt seem to be any drop in performance beforehand, he's been keeping an eye on his temps and they're all below 70c under load. We've tried re-seating ram, uninstalled and reinstalled all drivers, updated chipset, updated BIOS, checked SFC /Scan now in CMD, still randomly crashing. The only thing he hasn't done is that he is still running on the same install of windows from his old rig, and he doesnt particularly want to do a fresh install, but thats the last thing I can think of, could it be anything else? any help would be appreciated, cheers 
He is also getting this error code in maintainance and security when Tarkov crashes, if its any use: AppHangB1

Specs: 

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 3.7 GHz 12-Core Processor
BeQuiet Darkrock pro
MSI B550M
Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB (2 x 16) DDR4 - 3600
Palit 3080 Gaming Pro 
Corsair Mx 850w 80+ Gold
(case wont matter I assume but Corsair 400D)

Disable any overclocking like PBO and XMP. If they are not enabled, or this doesn't fix the problem. Start by testing the RAM one by one.

3 minutes ago, Deeya said:

This is not necessarily a problem. I did this myself going from i7 to 5950x. (I was lazy for a month or so)

3 minutes ago, Pandur said:

This is not necessarily a problem. I did this myself going from i7 to 5950x. (I was lazy for a month or so)

Your sample size of one isnt sufficient to rule out possible issues.

1 minute ago, emosun said:

Your sample size of one isnt sufficient to rule out possible issues.

Yeah, no kidding. Still proves it is possible. Which was my point.

And the fact is, with Windows 10/11 this is probably fine. W10+ will sort out drivers with hardware changes perfectly fine most of the time. Something else can be wrong with the Windows installation and a borked driver update is still a possibility. But since this is only happening under heavier loads, I suspect numerous other problems before the OS.

29 minutes ago, Deeya said:

Do they have another drive they can do a fresh install on to test?

He did, he moved from an i7 4790k, do you think a fresh install of windows would be the only way to fix this?

15 minutes ago, Pandur said:

But since this is only happening under heavier loads, I suspect numerous other problems before the OS.

Yeah so long as software isn't involved with the hardware moving more data around vs less data then sure you could eliminate software as a possibility.

1 minute ago, emosun said:

Yeah so long as software isn't involved with the hardware moving more data around vs less data then sure you could eliminate software as a possibility.

Yeah thats pretty much what ive boiled it down too personally aswell, he just doesnt particularly want to do that so I was hoping there wasnt another way around it, but cheers anyway chief 

tbf it was supposed to be done.

the fact that windows can be moved around from totally different hardware is a luxury , not a feature. Sometimes it works fine , but it in no way was designed to do that perfectly. Unless you were running windows 95/98 you pretty much will need to reinstall it if it doesn;t work well.

1 hour ago, T_0M said:

He did, he moved from an i7 4790k, do you think a fresh install of windows would be the only way to fix this?

Personally, I would definitely do a fresh install.

Just have them backup any critical data beforehand.

Win10 - AMD 5800X, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Elite, RX 6800XT Midnight Black, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB, ARCTIC Liquid Freezr II 360-ARGB, Sabrent Rocket Q 2TB, Cooler Master V850, Fractal Design Meshify 2

unRAID - AMD 1700X, GIGABYTE B450 Aorus Pro, Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB, Noctua NH-D9L, WD Red 4TB x3, WD Green 2TB, Intel 160GB SSD, Seasonic S12III 550W, Fractal Design Node 605

pfSense - Intel i5 4570S, ASUS H97I-PLUS, Samsung Green 8GB, Zalman CNPS80G, WD Scorpio Blue 320GB, EVGA SuperNova GA 550W, Fractal Design Node 304

I'm the friend in this situation. I've just finished a fresh reinstall of windows and the problem still persists, I was playing with some friends on escape from tarkov and suddenly game crash with a unity error. I checked Security and Maintenance as my graphic drivers crashed and restored 6 minuets prior to the issue, This is the first time that happened with this issue, Most of the errors experienced through Security and Maintenance Reliability Monitor are AppHangB1 but when I let the game close its self after crashing I don't get that error anymore. Currently though I found a "Windows Hardware error" "LiveKernelEvent" with code "141". Shows there now.