Does the fan in DeepCool CK560 be controlled by the Motherboard?

Andrewxe

The DeepCool CK560 has 3 fans in the front and 1 fan at the back. I am planning to buy Asus Prime B660M-A D4 and here are my questions.

1. Can the speed of the 3 fans at the front be controlled by the motherboard depending on the curve I set? And how?

2. I am guessing the 1 fan at the back can be controlled from the motherboard if I plug it in another fan header and the speed is also controlled there?

I dont want the case fan to spin at full speed all the time. Because I see 3 pins in the case fans and I thought 4 pins are needed to control the speed?

1. Yes, the fans can be daisy chained together and plugged into CHA_FAN header on the motherboard, then you can set the fan curve in BIOS or using ASUS software. It's in the manual. 

image.png.7403f292f64c3350ecf2fd38d7997f23.png

2. Same with the back fan. 

3 pin fans can have speed control via voltage 6-12V. 4 pin fans use PWM to control the speed, which technically gives you more steps and lets you run the fans slower, but the difference is very minor when it comes to chassis fans. 

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

39 minutes ago, ZetZet said:

Yes

Thanks, I was worried about the pre-installed fan on the motherboard. If it can be controlled via motherboard, then its fine.