I need some help!

Yashiees

This is about the way im sitting. This all may sound stupid but here I go.

I don't know what position to sit at on my desk while playing fps games. I feel like the current position im sitting in is heavily effecting my aim and im not sure how to be comfortable and if im sitting right. 

My arm rests are under the desk. I would like the chairs arm rest to go a bit more back so i can sit closer to the desk and have my arms levelled to the desk but this chair doesn't do that. but im just confused all the way.

I have to lower my chair because the arms rest wont fit under the desk allowing me to go close

is my arm rests at a normal position?

What do i do??!?!

IMG_1801.JPG

IMG_1802.JPG

No, that looks really uncomfortable. The armrests should be desk height. But most of the gaming chairs are an ergonomic nightmare, but try to get to as close to ergonomic sitting position you can. If you feel like you need to be closer to the desk, try bringing the mouse and keyboard more towards the edge of the desk.

Spoiler

Ergonomic Practices for the Home Office - Women's Economic CouncilPin on Technology and Society

Ergonomics - Correct and incorrect sitting posture when using a computer  Stock Vector Image & Art - Alamy

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

3 minutes ago, Origami Cactus said:

No, that looks really uncomfortable. The armrests should be desk height. But most of the gaming chairs are an ergonomic nightmare, but try to get to as close to ergonomic sitting position you can. If you feel like you need to be closer to the desk, try bringing the mouse and keyboard more towards the edge of the desk.

Reveal hidden contents

Ergonomic Practices for the Home Office - Women's Economic CouncilPin on Technology and Society

Ergonomics - Correct and incorrect sitting posture when using a computer  Stock Vector Image & Art - Alamy

@Origami CactusI have the secrete lab evo 2022. i wish the arms rest would go a bit more back. I've put the armrests at desk level. now i cant move around left and right as the arm rest is legit touching the desk.

Your baseline should be arms at desk height.

I do generally suggest very slightly tweaks (probably +/- 0.5-1" to chair height) about once a week though to add a bit more variety to the actual movements your make though.

3900x | 32GB RAM | RTX 2080

1.5TB Optane P4800X | 2TB Micron 1100 SSD | 16TB NAS w/ 10Gbe
QN90A | Polk R200, ELAC OW4.2, PB12-NSD, SB1000, HD800

35 minutes ago, Yashiees said:

@Origami CactusI have the secrete lab evo 2022. i wish the arms rest would go a bit more back. I've put the armrests at desk level. now i cant move around left and right as the arm rest is legit touching the desk.

And? Don't understand how that is a problem. The arm rest should be touching the desk, and you shouldn't move around left and right, unless I am misinterpreting something in your sentence. Try to look at the drawings I included in my post.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

Just put a taller shock in, its a measure game, but mine can now pop the desk up when its at its lowest. I hope that helps, 18 bucks Amazon.

I have an unidentified ethernet port if someone can help and DM me or however it works sry im old. Lol sry 

Repetitive Strain Injury is real. Some day you'll be 40. Take care of your body, or you'll be in pain every day for the rest of your life.

I use a desk with a keyboard tray so that my wrists are not at an angle; they are parallel with the keyboard mouse surface. I also use an embody chair I picked up on craigslist for $400; this chair has adjustable arm rests. But really, you just need to adjust the height of the chair you have, so that your lower arms are pretty much parallel with the mouse the keyboard.

You can get a desk with a keyboard tray, but they're not as common now.

Money spent on saving yourself from carpal tunnel and tendonitis is money well spent.

2 hours ago, Origami Cactus said:

And? Don't understand how that is a problem. The arm rest should be touching the desk, and you shouldn't move around left and right, unless I am misinterpreting something in your sentence. Try to look at the drawings I included in my post.

1 hour ago, Kangaroo Factory said:

Repetitive Strain Injury is real. Some day you'll be 40. Take care of your body, or you'll be in pain every day for the rest of your life.

I use a desk with a keyboard tray so that my wrists are not at an angle; they are parallel with the keyboard mouse surface. I also use an embody chair I picked up on craigslist for $400; this chair has adjustable arm rests. But really, you just need to adjust the height of the chair you have, so that your lower arms are pretty much parallel with the mouse the keyboard.

You can get a desk with a keyboard tray, but they're not as common now.

Money spent on saving yourself from carpal tunnel and tendonitis is money well spent.

My arms are quiet tiny and they dont seem to reach the mouse and keyboard properly, the arm rests come in the way. Dunno if that's just me though. 

Don't use arm rests. You are not taking a nap. At least I hope not. You better not be taking a nap if you are on my team.

Remove the arm rests from your chair (or just lower them all the way) and move your keyboard and mouse further away from the edge of your desk. Use the desk as your arm rests.

Or, look at how the pads and arm rests on your chair are designed. If they're asymmetrical front to back, you might be able to flip the pads around so they stick further back than to the front. Then you can get your chair closer with the arm rest pads still level with the surface.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.