Noob question.. Dual Aio in lian li o11 dynamic

oOMelon

Hi! 

I recently ordered the lian li o11 dynamic and also a new amd r9 5900x with an aio cooler (hasn't arrived yet). 

Now I am very tempted to buy a sapphire toxic radeon rx 6900 xt with the included aio cooler.. 

So my question is if this is a good or bad idea to have aio cooler on both cpu and gpu? Will the cooling suffice and what is the best  configuration? 

There is also an air cooled version of the gpu, is it better to just go with that? 

My current PSU is a corsair RM750x which should be enough if I am not mistaken? 

Thanks in advance! 

I air-cool a 5900X and RTX3060ti with six 120mm Corsairs, an iCUE Commander and a 51 CFM Scythe Mugen 5. In a Corsair 4000X case, no less, hardly the best ventilated case on the market at just 34 square inches of intake area.

So unless you just like liquid cooling or your case requires it, it's not necessary. I run a Corsair RM850x with my rig, but my UPS software only shows about a 450W draw under load. However, it's best to have a bit of extra wattage for the increased surge load of startup. And 105C capacitors are good to have.

Edited by An0maly_76
Revised

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

28 minutes ago, oOMelon said:

Hi! 

I recently ordered the lian li o11 dynamic and also a new amd r9 5900x with an aio cooler (hasn't arrived yet). 

Now I am very tempted to buy a sapphire toxic radeon rx 6900 xt with the included aio cooler.. 

So my question is if this is a good or bad idea to have aio cooler on both cpu and gpu? Will the cooling suffice and what is the best  configuration? 

There is also an air cooled version of the gpu, is it better to just go with that? 

My current PSU is a corsair RM750x which should be enough if I am not mistaken? 

Thanks in advance! 

It will depend on how big the radiators are.  It’s conceivable it’s a 240 and a 120, or even a 120 and a 120. This strikes me as counting one’s chickens before they hatch.  As for 2 AIOs it shouldn’t be an issue, as the video card cooler most likely gets its power from the video card.  If not it’s possible rgb could get complicated.  That and radiator mounting are the only possible issues I can think of though.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

I have only used air cooling in the past. Always wanted to try aio on CPU so I thought I would this time.. Then I saw the GPU and fingers started to itch...

The aio for the cpu is a 360 three fans and the one that comes with the gpu is also 360 three fans.. Was thinking of putting the gpu one at the bottom as an intake and the cpu one at the top as exhaust. But I have no idea if it will just be stupid or if it's going to work fine

Having the AIO rad in ithe bottom of the case is a bad idea, the pump would be the highest point where the air would settle, will cause issues.

You would be best to have the rads on the top and side set as exhaust and have 3 fans on the bottom of the case set as intake.

36 minutes ago, oOMelon said:

I have only used air cooling in the past. Always wanted to try aio on CPU so I thought I would this time.. Then I saw the GPU and fingers started to itch...

The aio for the cpu is a 360 three fans and the one that comes with the gpu is also 360 three fans.. Was thinking of putting the gpu one at the bottom as an intake and the cpu one at the top as exhaust. But I have no idea if it will just be stupid or if it's going to work fine

I did some years ago.  Seems it’s something of a craps game.  You get an AIO that has no bubbles or the bubbles work their way out of the pump, or you don’t.  If you do you have a quiet cooler.  If you don’t you have an annoyingly loud one. I tried twice and got loud pumps both times, so I quit using AIOs 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Ah yeah I didn't think about the bubbles... 

I think I'll just stick with one aio for now.. 

Thanks for all the answers! Much appriciated!