Need new PC build advice.

Budget (including currency): ~1000 € 

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Gaming 4K (60 FPS with DLSS or AMD FSR support), working with 3D, photo editing software for hobby.

Other details Planning build new PC due my old looks count it's last days something wrong probably with old motherboard Z270X Ultra and think is not worth anymore too change that board.

Currently think about  that new part's.

CPU - i5 12600K,

Motherboard - Asus ROG STRIX B660-F GAMING

RAM - DDR5 Corsair - VENGEANCE 32 GB (2 x 16), DDR5, 4800 MHz

Cooler - still not decide but looking something from AIO that support out from the box  LGA 1700 and fit in ~150 €

Part's that still use from old PC.

Case - Corsair 5000D Airflow with all old Be Quite silent Wings 3 fan's as well use Corsair Commander PRO fan controller.

PSU - Seasonic Focus PX 850 Platinum

SSD - Samsung 960 Evo 500 Gb (Nvme) + Samsung SSD 850 Evo 500 Gb

HDD - Don't even know exactly model and personally don't care due I use for backup file only it. It's 1 TB from old PC ~7 year.

GPU - RTX 2080 (think about upgrade later too 4000 series than it come out)

Any advice what I can improve and what cooler too get that support LGA 1700 out from box ?

Btw do that motherboard officially support Windows 11 ? Over all never used Assus motherboard do it even decent quality ? Last my two self build use Gigabyte.

Would change to DDR4. At the moment DDR5 isn't really better, and once it will be decent the current CPUs might not handle those speeds.

Also I recommend changing the CPU to a 12700(F). Usually it doesn't cost much more but the extra cores are more useful than overclocking support.

Asus makes good motherboards, but they're often overpriced. I recommend a Gigabyte UD or Gaming X B660/Z690 board or MSI A-Pro B660/Z690 board as they often have good value for money. Your motherboard doesn't need support for Windows 11. As long as it supports TPM and secure boot, which all modern boards do, it should be good.

The 12600K is a CPU that's in a really weird place. For $50 more you can get the i7 12700, a CPU with 2 more performance cores. If you're doing something that benefits from the extra E cores on the 12600K, you're doing something that'll benefit a lot from the extra P cores on the 12700, and if what you're doing doesn't benefit a lot from the extra E cores, you might as well drop down to the 12400 instead. 

DDR5 really isn't worth the price premium it has over DDR4 currently, and in the stuff you're doing that RAM will perform just as well as a kit of 3200MHz CL16. Plus the Alder Lake DDR5 memory controller is a PITA to deal with, so you really don't want to have to use it if you don't have to. Plus that board is overly expensive, probably costs more than the CPU itself, so you really should be going for something cheaper. The MSI B660-A Pro is a good option, same with the Gigabyte B660 Gaming X, and if you are willing to wait a week or two, the MSI B660M Mortar MAX DDR4 is rumored to be able to support BCLK overclocking with the non-K Alder Lake chips if you want to wait for that board to release. 

For a cooler, an AIO on a chip you can't overclock doesn't really make a ton of sense. A dual tower air cooler is probably a better option. Still, if you really want a AIO for aesthetic reasons, go for an Artic Liquid Freezer II. 

14 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

The 12600K is a CPU that's in a really weird place. For $50 more you can get the i7 12700, a CPU with 2 more performance cores. If you're doing something that benefits from the extra E cores on the 12600K, you're doing something that'll benefit a lot from the extra P cores on the 12700, and if what you're doing doesn't benefit a lot from the extra E cores, you might as well drop down to the 12400 instead. 

DDR5 really isn't worth the price premium it has over DDR4 currently, and in the stuff you're doing that RAM will perform just as well as a kit of 3200MHz CL16. Plus the Alder Lake DDR5 memory controller is a PITA to deal with, so you really don't want to have to use it if you don't have to. Plus that board is overly expensive, probably costs more than the CPU itself, so you really should be going for something cheaper. The MSI B660-A Pro is a good option, same with the Gigabyte B660 Gaming X, and if you are willing to wait a week or two, the MSI B660M Mortar MAX DDR4 is rumored to be able to support BCLK overclocking with the non-K Alder Lake chips if you want to wait for that board to release. 

For a cooler, an AIO on a chip you can't overclock doesn't really make a ton of sense. A dual tower air cooler is probably a better option. Still, if you really want a AIO for aesthetic reasons, go for an Artic Liquid Freezer II. 

What is PITA ? Btw I want use that build for at least ~5 year. I could take with DDR4 motherboard and use old RAM Patriot Viper 2 x 8 GB 3000 Mhz that save me 262 €  and can get another 2 x 8 GB same model just for 75 € for total 32 Gb than could take I7 12700K do you think that will be better choose ? But I still need AIO cooler due they look more esthetic in case and they not block access too motherboard like all gigantic dual tower air cooler and AIO mostly is more silence.

Personally I not think OC anyway but need K CPU due XMP support as I hear Intel drop support for XMP for non K.

1 minute ago, Winterlight said:

What is PITA ?

Pain in the ass. 

I could take with DDR4 motherboard and use old RAM Patriot 2 x 8 GB 3000 Mhz that save me 262 €  and can get another 2 x 8 GB same model just for 75 € for total 32 Gb than could take I7 12700K do you think that will be better choose ?

Yeah, though go 12700 instead of 12700K. The difference in performance between the two isn't really that big, so might as well save some money there if you aren't gonna overclock. 

3 minutes ago, Winterlight said:

But I still need AIO cooler due they look more esthetic in case and they not block access too motherboard like all gigantic dual tower air cooler and AIO mostly is more silence.

Just look at something like the Scythe Fuma 2 Rev. B. It'll come with the necessary mounting hardware and it's designed to not interfere with the memory at all (plus IMO it does still look nice). Plus it's very quiet, quieter than most of the AIOs I've used. 

If you still want to go AIO, the Arctic Liquid Freezer II is a pretty good value cooler, though again, it's still very much overkill for a system like this, and they do have a lower life span than their air cooled cousins. 5 years is about as long as they live on average, so if you want a cooler that lasts longer than that, you really should stick to air. 

But I still need motherboard that directly support WI-FI and Bluetooth without any external adapters and as well have USB C port support for front panel.

8 minutes ago, Winterlight said:

But I still need motherboard that directly support WI-FI and Bluetooth without any external adapters and as well have USB C port support for front panel.

It would help knowing what market you're in so we can find a board with that, though those are not uncommon features and if your market is anything like the US (where I'm from and what I know), the MSI B660-A Pro has a WiFi edition, same with the B660M Mortar (and the rumored MAX version), and the B660 Gaming X AX has WiFi. Go for whichever of those is the cheapest that you like the look of. 

Ok I found that looks not bad for 200 €  Asuss Tuf gaming b660-plus wifi d4 do is good choose ?

Btw do all new board now come with dual bios ? My old Z270X have dual bios and it's pretty good feature if  main bios get broken it can recovery from backup.

8 minutes ago, Winterlight said:

Ok I found that looks not bad for 200 € 

Asuss Tuf gaming b660-plus wifi d4 btw do all new board now come with dual bios ? My old Z270X have dual bios and it's pretty good feature if  main bios get broken it can recovery from backup.

Unfortunately, no boards come with it now. There's a couple high end boards that have it, but as far as I know the cheapest board that has it on LGA 1700 is over $450. On the low end, it's been replaced by BIOS Flashback. It's not as useful as dual BIOS since if the BIOS chip just dies, the board's dead, but if a BIOS flash fails or the BIOS gets corrupted some other way, you should be able to recover the board by just re-flashing the BIOS. All the boards listed (including the Tuf board) do have BIOS Flashback (or whatever the manufacturer decides to call it, I believe on Gigabyte it's Q-Flash).

What about go too AMD Ryzen 5800X or even 5900X I think can fit in 1000 €  if my old cooler can handle it without OC. Hydro Series H100x 240mm

2 hours ago, Winterlight said:

What about go too AMD Ryzen 5800X or even 5900X I think can fit in 1000 €  if my old cooler can handle it without OC. Hydro Series H100x 240mm

For what you're doing the Intel chips are faster. Plus you'll run into the same problem with not having dual BIOS, there are very few AM4 motherboards that have dual BIOS, and they're all stupid expensive (MSI X570S ACE, X570 Aorus Master, not the X570S version, and a couple others that are even more pricy). You can possibly find one that has the Gigabyte automatic dual BIOS implementation for cheaper, but that dual BIOS implementation is infuriating to work with since it just randomly throws you from one BIOS to the other at random. 

Stick to LGA 1700 and get a board without dual BIOS. The odds of a BIOS chip corrupting are pretty low nowadays, and BIOS flash back does recover it most of the time. Also you should just be able to buy a new bracket for that cooler to be able to run it. 

Also, make sure to quote so I get a notification. you've just been lucky that I never left this page. 

17 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

For what you're doing the Intel chips are faster. Plus you'll run into the same problem with not having dual BIOS, there are very few AM4 motherboards that have dual BIOS, and they're all stupid expensive (MSI X570S ACE, X570 Aorus Master, not the X570S version, and a couple others that are even more pricy). You can possibly find one that has the Gigabyte automatic dual BIOS implementation for cheaper, but that dual BIOS implementation is infuriating to work with since it just randomly throws you from one BIOS to the other at random. 

Stick to LGA 1700 and get a board without dual BIOS. The odds of a BIOS chip corrupting are pretty low nowadays, and BIOS flash back does recover it most of the time. Also you should just be able to buy a new bracket for that cooler to be able to run it. 

Also, make sure to quote so I get a notification. you've just been lucky that I never left this page. 

Well actually I'm still fine even with my old I7 7700 but something wrong with this PC it random crash I try find what course that error for month's but unlucky it looks like motherboard broken. I play game's and my target is 60 FPS 4K for work with 3D modeling, animation, photo editing is for hobby not professional work. 5900X and ASUS ROG STRIX B550-XE GAMING(WI-FI) cost me in total 738 € so still left even too grab better RAM but not sure if my old cooler is enough for that CPU at default clock no OC. Btw that motherboard have BIOS flash back.

ASUS ROG STRIX B550-XE GAMING(WI-FI)

That board does not have dual BIOS if that's what you're trying to get. 

4 minutes ago, Winterlight said:

Well actually I'm still fine even with my old I7 7700 but something wrong with this PC it random crash I try find what course that error for moth's but unlucky it looks like motherboard broken. I play game's and my target is 60 FPS 4K for work with 3D modeling, animation, photo editing is for hobby not professional work.

My problem with recommending AMD for this is that you will spend more for a system that's slower. Even if it's fast enough today, the faster you can get it today means the longer you can go without upgrading. AM4 doesn't make a ton of sense from an upgrade perspective since it's a dead platform, so you should just be aiming for whatever is faster. Unless for some reason a 5900X and a reasonable B550 board like the B550 Taichi (basically the exact same specs but 2/3 the price if your market is at all similar to US pricing) or the B550 Tuf is significantly cheaper (usually it's the same price or more) than a 12700 and a B660 Gaming X AX, go for the Intel rig instead. 

10 hours ago, RONOTHAN## said:

That board does not have dual BIOS if that's what you're trying to get. 

My problem with recommending AMD for this is that you will spend more for a system that's slower. Even if it's fast enough today, the faster you can get it today means the longer you can go without upgrading. AM4 doesn't make a ton of sense from an upgrade perspective since it's a dead platform, so you should just be aiming for whatever is faster. Unless for some reason a 5900X and a reasonable B550 board like the B550 Taichi (basically the exact same specs but 2/3 the price if your market is at all similar to US pricing) or the B550 Tuf is significantly cheaper (usually it's the same price or more) than a 12700 and a B660 Gaming X AX, go for the Intel rig instead. 

I look test's and Ryzen 5900X vs Intel 12700k is almost identical performance. If looking in future there is no upgrade basically with LGA 1700. Intel CPU socket support is terrible you need basically new motherboard every Intel Gen CPU. Especially with DDR4 version that intel drop support anyway in 14 Gen probably so no upgrade in future. Another problem with Intel that is pain found cooler that support out of box LGA 1700 even some cooler say support out of box there is any guarantee that I will not get old box that still not include LGA 1700 support. I try find that Corsair kit for 1700 but there is no chance find in my country no one sell them. I found some cooler that is 100% support LGA out of the box but they cost 300€.I prefer Intel still but they make big mess with changing CPU socket size and many cooler manufacturer not looks like interest make new cooler that support LGA 1700 out of the box. Another problem with Intel 12 Gen that all DDR4 version motherboard that cost in ~200-300€  range don't have Bios flash back, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth at least in my country there is no choose from DDR4 they force buy DDR5 if you want get Wi-Fi, Bios  flash back or pay 400+ for DDR4

I look test's and Ryzen 5900X vs Intel 12700k is almost identical performance

Multi-core performance is identical, yes, but single thread is quite a bit faster on the Intel rig, and for gaming that's what matters. 

Another problem with Intel 12 Gen that all DDR4 version motherboard that cost in ~200-300€  range don't have Bios flash back, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth

What country are you in? 90% of the boards I'm aware of have all three of those features or a version that does have those features. Plus, you could just buy a board with BIOS flashback then get a Wifi card separately, they're not that expensive and you'll get WiFi and bluetooth that way. 

33 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

Multi-core performance is identical, yes, but single thread is quite a bit faster on the Intel rig, and for gaming that's what matters. 

What country are you in? 90% of the boards I'm aware of have all three of those features or a version that does have those features. Plus, you could just buy a board with BIOS flashback then get a Wifi card separately, they're not that expensive and you'll get WiFi and bluetooth that way. 

Lithuania. As I say I target 4K 60 FPS so CPU don't have actually massive impact for 4K as far as I know it's GPU bottleneck anyway at 4K. I always like Intel but with every year they become more and more greed and force too buy almost everything new if want upgrade CPU. I hear they drop even XMP support if CPU is not K and Intel draw so many power that I don't think that my AIO 240mm can even handle it so I need new cooler. I preferer too fit in 1000 € and don't want motherboard that latter run too it's maximums or even bottleneck CPU and motherboard at least must have Bios flash back that if in some reason it get corrupted be at least chance too recovery it.