File corruption? Weird startup from my PC

kaans42
Go to solution Solved by Makaroni,
18 minutes ago, kaans42 said:

In the apps section Fault messages said that: *this app* couldnt download the packages and conrtents so it couldnt start it. and the fault codes for these messages either -2147024893 or -2147024894.

Another common Application Fault message was: Fulty app name:... FAULTY MODULE: KERNELBASE.dll the messages exept the above had the kernel module in common.

Run System File Checker
CMD + run as administrator

and type in "Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth"

for error codes 
2147024893 i believe the error messages for when something fails to update so please check for those codes in google since it will link you to the microsoft forums with a solution.

There was also a regular warning message and it occurs every day not just specific for that day as the rest of the messages. it was: ***** couldnt logged into DCOM in requested time or something like that.

that sounds like a networking issue please refer to updating your LAN and wifi drivers.

Also there was a 1 particular message cought my i said this: StartMenuExperienceHost  TILEREPOSITORYS named device starting attempt failed because of this system failure 5 (0x00000005): "acces denied. ". process -1032 (0xfffffbf8)

for 0x00000005: Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files (microsoft.com)

0xfffffbf8 is for a recovery point failure that is standard for widows and SQL servers and i think it is the main culprit for your issue i would suggest for you to search for more on this topic! (since it is a code that can appear on cold boots and is resolved after a restart)

When i started my PC today everything in my desktop exept 'microsoft edge' which it wasnt in there before was gone. And every icon on the taskbar was white file icon. Also there was a several not working errors from random apps such as spotify..

I restarted my pc and it was same, than i restarted again and it was back to normal. It was so weird but im kinda scared.

Do i have a virus?(i did scans looks clean)

Or my drives are failing? Or is it about windows?

What should i be aware of i dont want it to happen again or loose any files permanently

53 minutes ago, kaans42 said:

When i started my PC today everything in my desktop exept 'microsoft edge' which it wasnt in there before was gone. And every icon on the taskbar was white file icon. Also there was a several not working errors from random apps such as spotify..

I restarted my pc and it was same, than i restarted again and it was back to normal. It was so weird but im kinda scared.

Do i have a virus?(i did scans looks clean)

Or my drives are failing? Or is it about windows?

What should i be aware of i dont want it to happen again or loose any files permanently

1 What Anti-virus are you running?

2 If a drive (hdd) is failing trust me you would know
2 If its an ssd just try to reseat it
3 Store your files somewhere or just get a NAS
1 Are you going on shady websites? (if you`re not chances are you fucked something up in the settings)

2 Windows does crash from time to time but you have a event log and you can check why you`re actually crashing.
2. 99% of errors are literally caused because people screw around where they should not.

In any case find your event logs or find reliability history.

When you do that please post it. because with the information you gave us we are literally shooting in the dark.

Also are you on widows 8? because some windows machines are shipped with  multiple monitor support enabled by default.

4 hours ago, Makaroni said:

1 What Anti-virus are you running?

2 If a drive (hdd) is failing trust me you would know
2 If its an ssd just try to reseat it
3 Store your files somewhere or just get a NAS
1 Are you going on shady websites? (if you`re not chances are you fucked something up in the settings)

2 Windows does crash from time to time but you have a event log and you can check why you`re actually crashing.
2. 99% of errors are literally caused because people screw around where they should not.

In any case find your event logs or find reliability history.

When you do that please post it. because with the information you gave us we are literally shooting in the dark.

Also are you on widows 8? because some windows machines are shipped with  multiple monitor support enabled by default.

1- i have esed nod as regular anti virus but when i scam for viruses i use programs that recomended here and run multiple scans (i dont remember the names but i believe they were good)

2- i have 3 drives: C(brand new ssd)

E(old hdd) F(old ssd)

3-idk what is NAS

4-i never go to shady websites and never download anything exept i ve watched some pirated movies online but the sites were the most popular and trusted ones

5-Where is the event şog i would be happy to share it

6-Im on windows 10

*EXTRA* :

when i restarted first i was panicked an used the force restart button on my case, when i restarted for a sevond it was trough windows that was when it fixed, and also weird thing about this problem is i use wallpaper engine and the wallpaper was still one i use from the engine so even though my desktop had nothing the animated wallpaper was there :D. Also after the first restart i was calm so i looked for my drive spaces and they were all the same, didnt looked like anything was deleted and i randomly searched for steam (originally it was on my desktop) and started it it worked but it had no skin ( i use skin for steam ). 

Also i ve used Macrium to transfer my system drive from my old hdd to the new ssd one, idk if it is related i had no problems for a whole year. 

It looked like only the shortcuts were effected but i still had few error messages that said 'this' program may not work properly for few programs

As i said after the second restart everything was back to how it was even the steam skin. So i ve typed chkdsk to cmd to see if there was any obvious faulty files. There was no problem

Much appreciate if you help thank u

On 5/27/2022 at 4:07 PM, kaans42 said:

5-Where is the event şog i would be happy to share it

6-Im on windows 10

Type Event Viewer in the Windows 10 search box. Then right click the best match Event Viewer and choose Run as Administrator.

4-i never go to shady websites and never download anything exept i ve watched some pirated movies online but the sites were the most popular and trusted ones

Even pirated movies could have malware

Also i ve used Macrium to transfer my system drive from my old hdd to the new ssd one, idk if it is related i had no problems for a whole year. 

It looked like only the shortcuts were effected but i still had few error messages that said 'this' program may not work properly for few programs

it is recommended that you just reinstall windows when you swap drives even if the hardware is fundamentally the same.

i use wallpaper engine and the wallpaper was still one i use from the engine so even though my desktop had nothing the animated wallpaper was there :D. Also after the first restart i was calm so i looked for my drive spaces and they were all the same, didnt looked like anything was deleted and i randomly searched for steam (originally it was on my desktop) and started it it worked but it had no skin ( i use skin for steam ). 

Wallpaper engines tend to screw around with linux directory files the same case could happen to windows 10 even if it is less likely.

Interface skins in general are viewed as a very grey area by many developers so maybe try to disable that and put something basic to see if that could be the culprate 

3-idk what is NAS

Network attached storage (best thing to store pirated movies and random files or general data protection against loss and theft)

1 hour ago, Makaroni said:

Type Event Viewer in the Windows 10 search box. Then right click the best match Event Viewer and choose Run as Administrator.

Even pirated movies could have malware

it is recommended that you just reinstall windows when you swap drives even if the hardware is fundamentally the same.

Wallpaper engines tend to screw around with linux directory files the same case could happen to windows 10 even if it is less likely.

Interface skins in general are viewed as a very grey area by many developers so maybe try to disable that and put something basic to see if that could be the culprate 

Network attached storage (best thing to store pirated movies and random files or general data protection against loss and theft)

*important* : my windows is not english im translating what i see so it may not 1000 percent correct

okay i have reviewed the event log for apps and system. In the logs there are usually white informative events exept the day the incident happen. At that day there are tons of WARNING and FAULT messages and 1 IMPORTANT message.

In the apps section Fault messages said that: *this app* couldnt download the packages and conrtents so it couldnt start it. and the fault codes for these messages either -2147024893 or -2147024894.

Another common Application Fault message was: Fulty app name:... FAULTY MODULE: KERNELBASE.dll the messages exept the above had the kernel module in common.

System had only warning messages and they were like this: **** app can not get permission from MY COMPUTER for local enabling. Also some messages contained NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM wont give permission.

Also there was a 1 particular message cought my i said this: StartMenuExperienceHost  TILEREPOSITORYS named device starting attempt failed because of this system failure 5 (0x00000005): "acces denied. ". process -1032 (0xfffffbf8)

The 1 important message was unexpected restart which was caused by because of panicking i force restarted my PC from a button on case.

There was also a regular warning message and it occurs every day not just specific for that day as the rest of the messages. it was: ***** couldnt logged into DCOM in requested time or something like that.

BTW a note i did not install any of the pirated movies, i meant i watched them online.

Run System File Checker

for error codes 
2147024893 i believe the error messages for when something fails to update so please check for those codes in google since it will link you to the microsoft forums with a solution.

that sounds like a networking issue please refer to updating your LAN and wifi drivers.

for 0x00000005: Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files (microsoft.com)

0xfffffbf8 is for a recovery point failure that is standard for widows and SQL servers and i think it is the main culprit for your issue i would suggest for you to search for more on this topic! (since it is a code that can appear on cold boots and is resolved after a restart)

20 minutes ago, Makaroni said:

Run System File Checker

for error codes 

when i did Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth it said no component corruption detected. 
then i did the system file checker tool and when it finished it said found some corrupt files and succecfully repaired them.
i checked the logs and it only found 1 and repaired 1 file which was ' Repairing file \??\C:\Users\Default\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\ '. So i guess it does mean fixed right? at least fixed something broken 😄

1 minute ago, kaans42 said:

when i did Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth it said no component corruption detected. 
then i did the system file checker tool and when it finished it said found some corrupt files and succecfully repaired them.
i checked the logs and it only found 1 and repaired 1 file which was ' Repairing file \??\C:\Users\Default\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\ '. So i guess it does mean fixed right? at least fixed something broken 😄

according to the log you give me it has repaired a xpath system in AppData so it could be fixed or it fixed something completely unrelated the only way to find out is to reproduce the issue and see if it still persists.