Budget Friendly Workhorse

Budget (including currency): $1000

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Photoshop, Premiere Pro

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

Budget friendly workhorse

Im looking to build a reliable studio PC. This is a work PC for my staff member, who is a content creator. Using Photoshop & Premiere Pro mainly. 
This is not a over the top open budget build, I want quality hardware with enough power for smooth operation.

I live in Indonesia so parts and prices will differ. I have already decided on the GPU which will be GTX 2060
Knowing that can you suggest a appropriate CPU and Mobo
Ram and SSD I have covered already

Im a fan of Ryzen CPU's (my gaming rig is Ryzen) so I don't need an Intel.

EDIT: How about these Ryzen 5700G? Apparently the integrated graphics is good enough for PS you dont need a GPU... (maybe not good enough for premiere pro though)

In Photoshop and Premier Pro the i5-12600K has performance competitive with a 5900X. Not considering an Intel solution is sub-optimal.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

I made this list that is a pc that is around 750 usd. i would recommend intel but if you are more knowledgeable and have more experience with ryzen, its still not a bad build. this build is cheap but cheap enough to look presentable. i feel like its good to have a fast boot drive to write on and then after once you are done or wip with the project, put on the hard drives

pc list

17 minutes ago, K1LLA_KING_KONG said:

Im a fan of Ryzen CPU's (my gaming rig is Ryzen) so I don't need an Intel.

*want

as @brobsaid, Intel's 12th gen is better for the things you want to do. A 12700K costs less than the 5900X in the listings I can find, and performas better in Single core performance, which is what matters here.image.thumb.png.8ec657cb81b1ed68feec954fe4d33f6f.png

Just now, mrekk said:

I made this list that is a pc that is around 750 usd. i would recommend intel but if you are more knowledgeable and have more experience with ryzen, its still not a bad build. this build is cheap but cheap enough to look presentable. i feel like its good to have a fast boot drive to write on and then after once you are done or wip with the project, put on the hard drives

pc list

You don't need the X if you aren't going to OC, which you can't with this mobo.

3 hours ago, brob said:

In Photoshop and Premier Pro the i5-12600K has performance competitive with a 5900X. Not considering an Intel solution is sub-optimal.

Just watched this youtube video, he states with a 5700G you can get away without a GPU. Is this possible? I would say not for Premieire pro but maybe photoshop??

Now if that's the case saving $ on a crypto generator (GPU), makes the AMD the best bang for your buck. Like I said Im not after the best, just a good machine.

3 hours ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

What parts do you already have?

Nothing totally new build, the old machine is too old.. all of it

3 hours ago, brob said:

OK, yeah that is looking good compared

ss.png

Photoshop can use the GPU to accelerate some work.

While I understand the need to keep costs down, one has to balance the loss of productivity with the savings. Not using a discreet GPU strikes me as a real productivity loss. See https://www.pugetsystems.com/recommended/Recommended-Systems-for-Adobe-Photoshop-139/Hardware-Recommendations.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

5 minutes ago, brob said:

Photoshop can use the GPU to accelerate some work.

While I understand the need to keep costs down, one has to balance the loss of productivity with the savings. Not using a discreet GPU strikes me as a real productivity loss. See https://www.pugetsystems.com/recommended/Recommended-Systems-for-Adobe-Photoshop-139/Hardware-Recommendations.

Well now that you showed the 12600K, is much cheaper than the AMD's i was looking at, those savings can go towards to 2060 and that should be a sweet combo for under 10 mil IDR

32 minutes ago, K1LLA_KING_KONG said:

Nothing totally new build, the old machine is too old.. all of it

At the very least, you might have some usable drives, a WiFi adapter, a case, or a cooler from your previous PC that could be used.  Any of those could save $30-$50 a piece.  Do you have a parts list or model?

I edit the shit out of my posts.  Refresh before you respond.

2 minutes ago, Queen Chrysalis said:

At the very least, you might have some usable drives, a WiFi adapter, a case, or a cooler from your previous PC that could be used.  Any of those could save $30-$50 a piece.

This PC will be demoted to admin staff 🙂

37 minutes ago, K1LLA_KING_KONG said:

Just watched this youtube video, he states with a 5700G you can get away without a GPU. Is this possible? I would say not for Premieire pro but maybe photoshop??

Now if that's the case saving $ on a crypto generator (GPU), makes the AMD the best bang for your buck. Like I said Im not after the best, just a good machine.

Well I looked at your profile and the GT 1030 you have would make picking a 5700G silly as the 5700X or 12600k have much more cache.  Either would work quite well.

EDIT: NVM  Just read your reply

I edit the shit out of my posts.  Refresh before you respond.

27 minutes ago, Queen Chrysalis said:

Well I looked at your profile and the GT 1030 you have would make picking a 5700G silly as the 5700X or 12600k have much more cache.  Either would work quite well.

EDIT: NVM  Just read your reply

Heres what im going to do. Buy the i5 12600K to put in my personal PC, remove the 3700X and put that in the Content creator PC.
We both get an upgrade

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/HxFRVw

This is what I would go with for an amd workstation. The 5600x is perfect for what you are doing. I am not sure what you have for SSDs but the board should work and the be quiet products on there are just my preference. Hope this was helpful!