fx-9370 build...

ya im thing on building a fx-9370 build manly for the 220w tdp unless there another possessor cheaper that can oc to that tdp? looks to be about $130 can

for the mb i dont no i might keep a look out for a water cooled one

the mane use mostly to crate alot of heat to test case's and fans / rads

will be looking for a hot gpu as well but dont no what to look for.  i no there were so dule diy gpus that had alot of heat but i think there kinda rare and hard to find.

any ideas be helpfull thx

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

probably a 8350 since its the same architecture and you can just oc it.

as for hot gpus you could probably look for an older top end card like the r9 fury or gtx 480.

also why do you want a whole pc just to test fans, rads and cases?

PC Specifications: Intel i9-14900KF, 5.9GHz all core locked, 5GHz ring, 1.45v Medium LLC, E-cores and HT disabled | MSI RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 + Thermal Grizzly contact frame | 2x16 G.Skill Trident Z5 7400MHz 34-44-44-34 1T 1.45v (Tuned Subtimings, Hynix A-Die) | Gigabyte Z790 AORUS Elite AX | Windows 10 Home 64-Bit EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 T2 Phanteks P400A (Black non-rgb version, Phanteks T30 fans 3 intake (On AIO), 1 exhaust) | SK Hynix Platinum P41 2TB PCIE 4.0 (Boot drive), Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SATA

Displays: MSI MAG 271QPX 1440p 360Hz 27" QD-OLED | LG UltraGear 27GP950-B, 4K 144Hz (@120hz) 27" IPS

Desktop Audio: STAX SR-007 MK2 Electrostatic Headphones | STAX SRM-400S Amp | Schiit Bifrost 2/64 (NOS mode, USB in, XLR out)

Mobile Audio: Sennheiser IE 900 IEMs using included 4.4mm cable | FiiO KA13 "Desktop mode" Disabled

Peripherals: Razer Huntsman V2 Full size wired with linear optical switch | Logitech G502 Hero

56 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

will be looking for a hot gpu as well but dont no what to look for.

GTX 480s. Go for one that's not reference so you've got a chance for the VRM not to blow up, but those Fermi cards were incredibly hot and drew a ton of power for the time, plus they should be cheap. 

For the CPU, just get any "8" core Bulldozer chip, they should all be able to overclock to crazy high amounts of power consumption given enough cooling and a motherboard VRM that doesn't suck. Given the same frequency it'll likely pull more power than an FX 9590 just because they're not binned as well and thus pull a lot more power. 

instead of 1 thermi gtx 480, get 2 or 3 thermi gtx 480s, that will really start to heat up both the case and your entire house 😉

Just now, Somerandomtechyboi said:

instead of 1 thermi gtx 480, get 2 or 3 thermi gtx 480s, that will really start to heat up both the case and your entire house 😉

well there one guy selling 4 for $450...🤔 but not water cooled... there really nothing on ebay for water cooling you think people be selling there stuff soon?...

i no the miners got all the gpus and whats left other people got but in theory there should be gpus at some point?...

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

18 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

GTX 480s. Go for one that's not reference so you've got a chance for the VRM not to blow up, but those Fermi cards were incredibly hot and drew a ton of power for the time, plus they should be cheap. 

For the CPU, just get any "8" core Bulldozer chip, they should all be able to overclock to crazy high amounts of power consumption given enough cooling and a motherboard VRM that doesn't suck. Given the same frequency it'll likely pull more power than an FX 9590 just because they're not binned as well and thus pull a lot more power. 

seem like the tj max seem low like 50-60c but i guess that's just how the old stuff is as i no there alot harder to cool i guess.

2 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

well there one guy selling 4 for $450

That's about double what you should be paying for them, Fermi cards are pretty terrible for performance and should only really be going for $50-60 a pop at the most. People never really started buying them again. 

Here's a couple listings on eBay for them: 

1. A reference blower card
  2. 2nd reference blower card but more expensive
  3. A liquid cooled 580 (slightly lower power consumption but at least it comes with a water block

16 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

That's about double what you should be paying for them, Fermi cards are pretty terrible for performance and should only really be going for $50-60 a pop at the most. People never really started buying them again. 

Here's a couple listings on eBay for them: 

1. A reference blower card
  2. 2nd reference blower card but more expensive
  3. A liquid cooled 580 (slightly lower power consumption but at least it comes with a water block

hmm that wc 580 looks ok looks to be about $120can but there a best offer

2 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

hmm that wc 580 looks ok looks to be about $120can but there a best offer

Didn't realize you were canadian, was assuming US pricing. So yeah, don't pay more than $75-80 for one of those cards. 

This might be good depending on your risk tolerance: 480 Twin frozer, worked last time I tried it

That said, it's probably a good idea to look at local listings to see if anyone is just trying to get rid of one. Below a certain price point eBay doesn't really make any sense to sell or buy from, and these cards are about at that price point.

2 hours ago, rippy4500 said:

probably a 8350 since its the same architecture and you can just oc it.

as for hot gpus you could probably look for an older top end card like the r9 fury or gtx 480.

also why do you want a whole pc just to test fans, rads and cases?

i dont no i guess im bored or missing just wc probably when me and my dad would build pcs

i ordered a 1680 v2 for my xp build got the rads in the tower 900 but im thing on adding fans to the bottom...

ya i have a lot of things going on... but i did rearrange my room today..at lest that something🤔

room 001.jpg

room 003.jpg

room 005.jpg

room 006.jpg

room 007.jpg

room 008.jpg

room 009.jpg

51 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

Didn't realize you were canadian, was assuming US pricing. So yeah, don't pay more than $75-80 for one of those cards. 

This might be good depending on your risk tolerance: 480 Twin frozer, worked last time I tried it

That said, it's probably a good idea to look at local listings to see if anyone is just trying to get rid of one. Below a certain price point eBay doesn't really make any sense to sell or buy from, and these cards are about at that price point.

ya i think the local buy and sell blocked me as they thought i was making "spamming" to many of the same item... as i get no views on my stuff...

crag list looks to be dead same with kajiji died long time ago

my guess most is on face book or other media sites witch i deleted my fb account...

well i have a duty fee that i cant pay for dhl... so bs i click on mu pone to pay and it takes me to something in french why... same with ups i own 20 but cant pay it... and they hierd a company to go after me...witch sent me a letter witch i still cant pay thing thing...

try and talk to your bank for help nop cant do that...

9 hours ago, RONOTHAN## said:

This - Esp for the board in use.
Your best bet is to get a Crosshair V or Crosshair V-Z but a Sabertooth 2.0/3.0 will handle it too since it has the same VRM setup as a Crosshair.
Even though a couple of Gigabyte models can handle it too they don't do as well as the boards above can do handling VRM thermals so get one of the above to help ensure your testing can carry on.

Most any FX chip can OC as well as the next one (Within reason) so even an 8300 will give results you are looking for once it's OC'ed.
The only true differences between chips shows once you go cold with them and you're not doing that here.

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.

FX- processors- 9590

(probably all FX chips)

TCase = 57c

ThermTrip = 85c. 

If you're going for baking cookies with this set up, two things keep in mind.

1. You are going to kill hardware. 

2. Don't use the high end expensive parts.

1. why = heat is the worst for any electronic

2. why = have broken enough stuff to tell you not to blow your money away because of #1. 

Oh, if the 8800/Ultra is cheaper, it'll do. They pump some pretty mad heat despite the 170w tdp rating, it'll run 88c all day long.

i got the 580 with water block for best offer for $100 and got the AMD FX-9370 because it was in Canada for $130 so ill keep my eyes for a mb with a wb ether the saber tooth or the Crosshair passably a Gigabyte.

looks like the leader boards mostly use the Crosshair but most are ln2 from what i can tell

dont no if i should open the wb on the gpu to clean or pump some clr and water thur it? most likely need a t repast. ram will be ddr 3 corsair dom plats as i like em and i want to wb em. there are some lower timeings of them but w/e

psu i might go with my old xfx psu

Edited by thrasher_565

3 hours ago, Guest 5150 said:

FX- processors- 9590

(probably all FX chips)

TCase = 57c

ThermTrip = 85c. 

If you're going for baking cookies with this set up, two things keep in mind.

1. You are going to kill hardware. 

2. Don't use the high end expensive parts.

1. why = heat is the worst for any electronic

2. why = have broken enough stuff to tell you not to blow your money away because of #1. 

Oh, if the 8800/Ultra is cheaper, it'll do. They pump some pretty mad heat despite the 170w tdp rating, it'll run 88c all day long.

i no heat kills but there should be safe limits and i am water cooling. and have really good air flow cases.

ya a lot of people loved there 8800gtx but alot of people killed them too... sli back then only gave a 1/8 gap... and you only realy got about 4 years out of a gpu back then. me and my dad got in to wc around the gtx 280 i think and when up to the gtx 580 i think? hmm ill have to ask him if he has a 580 still🤔 we tryed the hybrid method but the vrms just get so hot. he even shave up a heatsink to put on it came out of an old server... and was going to be mine but i upgraded already as i use to get my dad old stuff. fun times...

Edited by thrasher_565