Help with strange freeze issue

Bzcbox

I built my pc like 3 months ago and it was operating with no issues. One thing I noticed is that the temperature for the whole system is just too high, so that I tried to undervolt my CPU and using curve for my GPU. Having no issue for the past 2 months but then one strange thing happened to my pc. When I am playing low load video games or even browsing YouTube videos, my pc sometimes freezes for no reasons. I do not really know what that called but it is a freeze where everything is in slow motion in a sudden, both audio and video are in slowmo, and then return to normal without having to do anything. Although this does not happen very often, it is really annoying when playing FPS games. Trying to use HWMonitor to log to see what might be the issue, but did not really know if it comes from PSU or the CPU. I'll attach the log pics in this thread. From the log, I can see that the CPU has a bump on the power of all the cores around 373 secend, this is when my pc freezes. Not really sure if the problem comes from undervolting or it is simply a bad PSU problem. Can someone help me with this? Much thanks!

PC specs:

AMD 5800X

EVGA 3080ti FTW3 Ultra

Asus Rog B550-F Wifi

Seasonic FOCUS PX-850

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X Core #1 Power.bmp NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti GPU Power.bmp WD_BLACK SN750 SE 500GB (21320T802377) Activity Utilization.bmp

46 minutes ago, Bzcbox said:

I built my pc like 3 months ago and it was operating with no issues. One thing I noticed is that the temperature for the whole system is just too high, so that I tried to undervolt my CPU and using curve for my GPU. Having no issue for the past 2 months but then one strange thing happened to my pc. When I am playing low load video games or even browsing YouTube videos, my pc sometimes freezes for no reasons. I do not really know what that called but it is a freeze where everything is in slow motion in a sudden, both audio and video are in slowmo, and then return to normal without having to do anything. Although this does not happen very often, it is really annoying when playing FPS games. Trying to use HWMonitor to log to see what might be the issue, but did not really know if it comes from PSU or the CPU. I'll attach the log pics in this thread. From the log, I can see that the CPU has a bump on the power of all the cores around 373 secend, this is when my pc freezes. Not really sure if the problem comes from undervolting or it is simply a bad PSU problem. Can someone help me with this? Much thanks!

PC specs:

AMD 5800X

EVGA 3080ti FTW3 Ultra

Asus Rog B550-F Wifi

Seasonic FOCUS PX-850

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X Core #1 Power.bmp 3.52 MB · 1 download NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti GPU Power.bmp 3.52 MB · 0 downloads WD_BLACK SN750 SE 500GB (21320T802377) Activity Utilization.bmp 3.52 MB · 0 downloads

Ram specs and what temps are you getting while playing? Check with HWinfo64 and note max temperature for CPU and GPU. All log files are showing no strange behavior.

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

1 hour ago, DoctorNick said:

Ram specs and what temps are you getting while playing? Check with HWinfo64 and note max temperature for CPU and GPU. All log files are showing no strange behavior.

Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16gb 3600 MHz x 2

normally I got about 70 ~ 80 degrees for my GPU while gaming, and about 60 ~ 70 for the CPU. Max for GPU is about 82 and for CPU is about 70. Recently updated my Bios but everything seems to be the same, the strange freeze still occurs sometimes, but it is very unpredicatble, sometimes it only happens once two days but sometimes it happens once a week.

1 hour ago, DoctorNick said:

It is so strange that even when playing YouTube videos or in very low load conditions this would still occur.

3 minutes ago, Bzcbox said:

Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16gb 3600 MHz x 2

normally I got about 70 ~ 80 degrees for my GPU while gaming, and about 60 ~ 70 for the CPU. Max for GPU is about 82 and for CPU is about 70. Recently updated my Bios but everything seems to be the same, the strange freeze still occurs sometimes, but it is very unpredicatble, sometimes it only happens once two days but sometimes it happens once a week.

Try disabling XMP (DOCP) in BIOS - basically set to default and auto speeds, also for PBO, leave everthing on auto and test. If it works your memory settings is unstable. You would need to set this manually.. But test it out first. Temps are fine and within normal range

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

4 minutes ago, DoctorNick said:

Try disabling XMP (DOCP) in BIOS - basically set to default and auto speeds, also for PBO, leave everthing on auto and test. If it works your memory settings is unstable. You would need to set this manually.. But test it out first. Temps are fine and within normal range

Thank you! I'll try this for a few days to see if the strange freeze is gone!

9 minutes ago, DoctorNick said:

Just one final question that if this works, does that mean my undervolting specs are not stable? Cause I did undervolting in my bios' PBO settings.

7 minutes ago, Bzcbox said:

Just one final question that if this works, does that mean my undervolting specs are not stable? Cause I did undervolting in my bios' PBO settings.

Yes. Maybe try with everything auto. Also check temps. You can get a rough estimate if you download Cinebench R23 and run that while HWinfo 64 is running. (check max temps again, with no undervolt)

FS in Denmark/EU:

20 minutes ago, DoctorNick said:

Yes. Maybe try with everything auto. Also check temps. You can get a rough estimate if you download Cinebench R23 and run that while HWinfo 64 is running. (check max temps again, with no undervolt)

Yeah, without doing undervolt, my CPU runs in like 86 degrees, which is part of the reason why I did undervolt XD

3 minutes ago, Bzcbox said:

Yeah, without doing undervolt, my CPU runs in like 86 degrees, which is part of the reason why I did undervolt XD

What CPU cooler are you using? Did you try cleaning the CPU and repaste thermal paste?

FS in Denmark/EU:

4 hours ago, Bzcbox said:

PC specs:

AMD 5800X

EVGA 3080ti FTW3 Ultra

Asus Rog B550-F Wifi

Seasonic FOCUS PX-850

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X Core #1 Power.bmp 3.52 MB · 2 downloads NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti GPU Power.bmp 3.52 MB · 1 download WD_BLACK SN750 SE 500GB (21320T802377) Activity Utilization.bmp 3.52 MB · 1 download

when you say slow mo, do you mean like stuttering? for around 2-3 seconds then back to normal?

15 hours ago, Cheki said:

when you say slow mo, do you mean like stuttering? for around 2-3 seconds then back to normal?

Yeah exactly

16 hours ago, DoctorNick said:

What CPU cooler are you using? Did you try cleaning the CPU and repaste thermal paste?

I've not tried it, but if this does work then I might go to repaste my thermal paste. I'm using NZXT kraken x63 as my cpu cooler.

1 hour ago, Bzcbox said:

I've not tried it, but if this does work then I might go to repaste my thermal paste. I'm using NZXT kraken x63 as my cpu cooler.

Ok then you should get lower temps. Consider removing NZXT cam as it's very badly programmed and uses alot of resources. I just noticed that you got a ROG board. You should uninstall Asus Armour Crate. (remember to disable it in BIOS first). Run Asus Armour Crate uninstaller and restart PC.   

FS in Denmark/EU:

On 5/25/2022 at 6:39 AM, Bzcbox said:

Yeah exactly

this is a known issue on new amd processors, it's caused by the tpm module on boards and amd are currently working on a fix for it, there's a post on the forums that goes into this deeper

On 5/30/2022 at 1:20 AM, Cheki said:

this is a known issue on new amd processors, it's caused by the tpm module on boards and amd are currently working on a fix for it, there's a post on the forums that goes into this deeper

Didn't know this before! Thank you for this information! I really appreciate this!