Is this benchmark normal?

Just now, RMTM said:

You can plug it directly to your motherboard's PWM fan headers. You'll be fine.

I only have 1 fan header heh. So I need a fan hub unfortunately. 

7 minutes ago, XxRescueRabbitxX said:

I only have 1 fan header heh. So I need a fan hub unfortunately. 

I'm not sure what motherboard you have to have only 1 PWM Fan header. But that's ok. If your fan hub is 4-pin. You can still control it's PWM feature. Each of your fans can still follow its individual rated speeds depending on percentage(fan curve) of your 1 header setting. You'll be fine. 

35 minutes ago, RMTM said:

I'm not sure what motherboard you have to have only 1 PWM Fan header. But that's ok. If your fan hub is 4-pin. You can still control it's PWM feature. Each of your fans can still follow its individual rated speeds depending on percentage(fan curve) of your 1 header setting. You'll be fine. 

But I'm certain with fan hubs such as the Artic fan hub the RPM only goes up to the fan that has the smallest amount. So the A14'S would be stuck at 1700 cause of the P12's. Like I don't think it goes by individual speeds as it controls all of them at once. 

My board is pretty bad tbh. It's the gigabyte B450 DS3H. It's got one for the CPU and one for case fans. 

18 hours ago, XxRescueRabbitxX said:

But I'm certain with fan hubs such as the Artic fan hub the RPM only goes up to the fan that has the smallest amount. So the A14'S would be stuck at 1700 cause of the P12's. Like I don't think it goes by individual speeds as it controls all of them at once. 

My board is pretty bad tbh. It's the gigabyte B450 DS3H. It's got one for the CPU and one for case fans. 

I am not so sure that it would be the case though. Because 4 PIN PWM header(which your motherboard has) control the pulses unlike the voltage in DC mode. Not unless your hub does not have a PWM PIN. Can't you just get a 3-splitter cable(daisy chain) instead of the Arctic fan hub instead if that's the case. 

Your board is fine.

On 5/21/2022 at 1:38 PM, XxRescueRabbitxX said:

Any feedback would be appreciated! 

This is a very old benchmark and as such not really suited to benchmark a modern card. Also you used custom settings which makes it not possible to compare to other results. 

On 5/21/2022 at 4:33 PM, XxRescueRabbitxX said:

So would you say as a whole that's a normal GPU score for a FE 3070

You can compare to same/similar systems  if you click on "This score".

Fyi, its likely a normal result, but your cpu will hold you back quite a bit - which this or similar tests wont tell you directly. 

On 5/21/2022 at 2:39 PM, XxRescueRabbitxX said:

I mean it didn't seem like it relied on it! But I'm not an expert on the benchmark honestly! 

Since it's so old and outdated its actually heavily cpu bound as it uses only 1-2 cores properly. 

PS: the reason heaven is popular is because people use it to tune their GPUs, since its quick to open, can run in a small window, etc, *not* because its a good benchmark (it isnt)

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

10 hours ago, RMTM said:

I am not so sure that it would be the case though. Because 4 PIN PWM header(which your motherboard has) control the pulses unlike the voltage in DC mode. Not unless your hub does not have a PWM PIN. Can't you just get a 3-splitter cable(daisy chain) instead of the Arctic fan hub instead if that's the case. 

Your board is fine.

Okay so my fans are in. In the BIOS ive set it to Silent and on PWM for them. So how do I set up a kinda profile to maximise my gaming. Like for example my Borderlands 3 on Ultra 1440p from what ive read it should get about 80 fps with my card? But its seeming to cap at 65 and goes to rates like 40. (Though im not sure if its just cause of my old CPU tbh)

11 hours ago, XxRescueRabbitxX said:

Okay so my fans are in. In the BIOS ive set it to Silent and on PWM for them. So how do I set up a kinda profile to maximise my gaming. Like for example my Borderlands 3 on Ultra 1440p from what ive read it should get about 80 fps with my card? But its seeming to cap at 65 and goes to rates like 40. (Though im not sure if its just cause of my old CPU tbh)

- Install latest MSI Afterburner. Make sure that your Nvidia GeForce gaming driver is updated first.

- In the settings, set your GPU fan curve from 30% at 30degC up to 100% at 70degC.

- Do the auto-OC scan feature first. To get a default scan using the Afterburner.

image.png.7a0d1c379f426694e27761480ab4b30c.png

- Save it in profile#1.

- Then try your games.

Note: If you are a beginner, I wouldn't recommend for you to manually overclock your GPU.

5 hours ago, RMTM said:

- Install latest MSI Afterburner. Make sure that your Nvidia GeForce gaming driver is updated first.

- In the settings, set your GPU fan curve from 30% at 30degC up to 100% at 70degC.

- Do the auto-OC scan feature first. To get a default scan using the Afterburner.

image.png.7a0d1c379f426694e27761480ab4b30c.png

- Save it in profile#1.

- Then try your games.

Note: If you are a beginner, I wouldn't recommend for you to manually overclock your GPU.

So should I not do this considering I am a beginner and I've not overclocked before? Or would I be able to do this? 

1 hour ago, XxRescueRabbitxX said:

So should I not do this considering I am a beginner and I've not overclocked before? Or would I be able to do this? 

There's no point in overclocking the GPU because its hardcore bottlenecked by the CPU already as is. 🙄

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

44 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

There's no point in overclocking the GPU because its hardcore bottlenecked by the CPU already as is. 🙄

It doesnt seem all that bad with usage in games like Borderlands 3 though? It only goes to like 50% usage when im playing it. I am going to upgrade it to a 5600x but need to wait till I get paid again now. You think my FPS is kinda low on that game even though the usage isnt all that high? 

4 hours ago, XxRescueRabbitxX said:

It only goes to like 50% usage when im playing it

Thats probably overall usage,  you need to check on each core.

Also thats just one game,  on average your cpu bottlenecks the gpu quite a bit.

4 hours ago, XxRescueRabbitxX said:

I am going to upgrade it to a 5600x but need to wait till I get paid again now.

Good choice  

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

38 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

Thats probably overall usage,  you need to check on each core.

Also thats just one game,  on average your cpu bottlenecks the gpu quite a bit.

Good choice  

You think the 5600x is a good fit with the 3070? I was tempted to get the 5800x but with my motherboard being quite old im honestly not certain I should go for it.

I could pull up MSI afterburner tomorrow and get it to show all cores tomorrow then I'll tell you once I know. 

3 hours ago, XxRescueRabbitxX said:

You think the 5600x is a good fit with the 3070

yes.

3 hours ago, XxRescueRabbitxX said:

was tempted to get the 5800x

5800x is overkill and runs hot - avoid and you don't need it, 5600x is better over all and wont bottleneck a 3070

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

22 hours ago, XxRescueRabbitxX said:

Yes. You can do it. The MSI Overclocking Scanner is safe and the easiest way to use for beginners. Then try it with any of your gpu bound games. Because it is not pointless for a gpu to be overclocked if you use it for gpu bound games. It will only be pointless if you overclock your gpu and all your games are just CPU bound. Since you already have the hardwares. you can try it. You'll never know and experience the difference or improvement between your current cpu and your (about to buy) new one if you will not try.

On 5/24/2022 at 11:07 AM, RMTM said:

So I did the overclock and this is what it had said. Do you think I should just keep it as it was normally or use this? As for the fan curve im not certain how to set that. Unless you mean the one in the BIOS? 

Overclock.jpg

Overclock1.jpg

16 hours ago, XxRescueRabbitxX said:

So I did the overclock and this is what it had said. Do you think I should just keep it as it was normally or use this? As for the fan curve im not certain how to set that. Unless you mean the one in the BIOS? 

Overclock.jpg

Overclock1.jpg

===============================

Yes, you can save the Auto-scan OC result and apply and take advantage of it. You may pattern your fan curve with the screenshot below:

927849528_FanCurve.jpg.975a3cd184c74785636b74fb95ff1223.jpg

Then try your games now.