Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Is this benchmark normal?

So I bought a 3070 FE a bit ago and I just decided to do a benchmark (More specifically the Heaven 4.0 benchmark) and my score seems a bit low? Or am I overestimating how much the score should actually be? The reason I expect it to be higher is ive seen alot of benchmarks with 3070's and they have much better scores than mine and im wondering what my problem is if anything? Or if I should just not be worried at all! 

The max temp was 73 degrees celsius

The max clock speed was 1935MHz

The max mem clock was 1544MHz

And ive attached the settings chosen and the score etc attached. Is this normal? Any feedback would be appreciated! 

Settings.jpg

Score.jpg

You would be much better off selecting a built in preset and comparing it to other results with the same preset, using custom settings makes it impossible to compare results.

You could also try something like 3dmark firestrike or time spy and compare the graphics scores.

Don't know this benchmark very well, does it rely on CPU as well? Cause your 1600 may be a bottleneck...

System : AMD R9 5900X / X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 (OCed to CL16)/ RTX3080 Gigabyte EAGLE GPU/ Phanteks P600S case / Customized Watercooling Eisbaer 280mm + Eiswolf2 360mm + VPP755 pump  and 150mm reservoir0.5TB Sabrent Rocket + 2TB WD SN850 NVme Gen4 + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/ 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p Alienware AW3420DW monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse

Normal score. I got 108 fps average with mildly overclocked CPU and GPU. 12600K and RTX 3070.

... but I'm no expert.

49 minutes ago, Neggy-Z said:

You would be much better off selecting a built in preset and comparing it to other results with the same preset, using custom settings makes it impossible to compare results.

You could also try something like 3dmark firestrike or time spy and compare the graphics scores.

I'll try one of them when I get back home and give you the results. I do have my time spy results somewhere I'll try and find it for you too. 

15 minutes ago, PDifolco said:

Don't know this benchmark very well, does it rely on CPU as well? Cause your 1600 may be a bottleneck...

I mean it didn't seem like it relied on it! But I'm not an expert on the benchmark honestly! 

13 minutes ago, Tan3l6 said:

Normal score. I got 108 fps average with mildly overclocked CPU and GPU. 12600K and RTX 3070.

6fps doesn't seem too different. What temps do you get to? Though truthfully my airflow is something dire. 

33 minutes ago, XxRescueRabbitxX said:

I mean it didn't seem like it relied on it! But I'm not an expert on the benchmark honestly!

You're right, cpu performance doesn't play a significant role in the benchmark, that being said, the gpu isn't heavily used in these older unigine benchmarks either, compared to something like time spy.

Here is my 3080 Unigine benchmark score right now. With the same system but with my previous 3070, your score of 30% difference is actually within the range. Though some more stable gpu OC profile can push your RTX 3070 a bit more. So I think you're good!

Benchmark4_Score3389.thumb.jpg.3803abcca6c788817d6a0cf936deeccb.jpg

1 hour ago, XxRescueRabbitxX said:

6fps doesn't seem too different. What temps do you get to? Though truthfully my airflow is something dire. 

66C for core, 79C for hot spot.

Temps in the 70s are absolutelly fine.

... but I'm no expert.

2 hours ago, Neggy-Z said:

As for the Time Spy I found my results I did a bit ago! So would you say as a whole that's a normal GPU score for a FE 3070? 

unknown.png

unknown2.png

31 minutes ago, Tan3l6 said:

66C for core, 79C for hot spot.

Temps in the 70s are absolutelly fine.

Well max I've gotten the temp whilst playing a game with it is maybe 81? And that was Borderlands 3 on ultra on 1440p resolution. 

1 hour ago, RMTM said:

Here is my 3080 Unigine benchmark score right now. With the same system but with my previous 3070, your score of 30% difference is actually within the range. Though some more stable gpu OC profile can push your RTX 3070 a bit more. So I think you're good!

Benchmark4_Score3389.thumb.jpg.3803abcca6c788817d6a0cf936deeccb.jpg

Do you have any recommendations on how to edit the profile? I honestly have never done it before but I would like it to be optimised. Id preferably not like it to overheat though as the highest temp i have gotten on a game is like 81 celcius

39 minutes ago, XxRescueRabbitxX said:

As for the Time Spy I found my results I did a bit ago! So would you say as a whole that's a normal GPU score for a FE 3070?

https://benchmarks.ul.com/hardware/gpu/NVIDIA+GeForce+RTX+3070+review

You're about 700 points behind their results.

The R5 1600 might be a slight bottleneck, though the graphics test is mostly gpu bound, but it could be a factor.

They could be using a aftermarket factory overclocked card.

2 hours ago, Neggy-Z said:

https://benchmarks.ul.com/hardware/gpu/NVIDIA+GeForce+RTX+3070+review

You're about 700 points behind their results.

The R5 1600 might be a slight bottleneck, though the graphics test is mostly gpu bound, but it could be a factor.

They could be using a aftermarket factory overclocked card.

So would you say at an average mine seems relatively normal? I'm not certain on the steps I could take to improve the score slightly honestly! 

I will be upgrading the CPU to a Ryzen 5 5600x when I can

1 hour ago, XxRescueRabbitxX said:

So would you say at an average mine seems relatively normal?

I've had a 6700xt for a while which should be at arround the same performance level and it hit a score ~ the same as your 3070. So seems pretty normal to me.

10 hours ago, XxRescueRabbitxX said:

Do you have any recommendations on how to edit the profile? I honestly have never done it before but I would like it to be optimised. Id preferably not like it to overheat though as the highest temp i have gotten on a game is like 81 celcius

Sure. 81C for an RTX 3070 is on the high side already.

Before doing anything, I'd like you to answer the following. Just to make sure if your cooling and power system is up to the task.

1. What is your room temperature (where your desktop sits)?

2. Take a photo of the inside of your desktop(open case) showing where all your fans are.

3. What is your PC's PSU (power supply unit) capacity. What(brand and model) PSU are you using? So that I can look it up.

14 hours ago, RMTM said:

Sure. 81C for an RTX 3070 is on the high side already.

Before doing anything, I'd like you to answer the following. Just to make sure if your cooling and power system is up to the task.

1. What is your room temperature (where your desktop sits)?

2. Take a photo of the inside of your desktop(open case) showing where all your fans are.

3. What is your PC's PSU (power supply unit) capacity. What(brand and model) PSU are you using? So that I can look it up.

So my room temp is uh.. truthfully I'm not sure. Usually the GPU idles at around 36 to 44 degrees. 

As for fans I have literally just one. I'm buying more fans soon. And it's a built in one at the front at the bottom. The case is a Phanteks Eclipse 350x I think. I'm going to buy two Noctua P14 redux's for the front, one Noctua P12 redux for the back and a fan hub. Though I'm putting the built in case fan away as it's a 3 pin one and the others are 4 pin. 

As for the PSU it is a Corsair RM850 +80 Gold (2021 version).

4 minutes ago, XxRescueRabbitxX said:

So my room temp is uh.. truthfully I'm not sure. Usually the GPU idles at around 36 to 44 degrees. 

As for fans I have literally just one. I'm buying more fans soon. And it's a built in one at the front at the bottom. The case is a Phanteks Eclipse 350x I think. I'm going to buy two Noctua P14 redux's for the front, one Noctua P12 redux for the back and a fan hub. Though I'm putting the built in case fan away as it's a 3 pin one and the others are 4 pin. 

As for the PSU it is a Corsair RM850 +80 Gold (2021 version).

Great! Best to setup your ventilation "first" for better cooling, before attempting to overclock your gpu or cpu for that matter. Your PSU is good already.

1 minute ago, RMTM said:

Great! Best to setup your ventilation first for better cooling, before attempting to overclock your gpu or cpu for that matter.

You think 2 P14's and 1 P12 would be good for cooling? Or filling in all 5 slots for fans? (I can't afford all 5 right now so that's why I'm only getting 3) 

14 minutes ago, XxRescueRabbitxX said:

You think 2 P14's and 1 P12 would be good for cooling? Or filling in all 5 slots for fans? (I can't afford all 5 right now so that's why I'm only getting 3) 

I suggest to get the 2 A14's instead(for the front intake) and 1 P12 1,700rpm(for the rear exhaust). Or 1 S12A (for exhaust) if the P12 1,700rpm is not available in your area. You may leave the top fan-free for now. Just leave it for natural heat convection for now. You can add the top fans later.

15 minutes ago, RMTM said:

I suggest to get the 2 A14's instead(for the front intake) and 1 P12 1,700rpm(for the rear exhaust). Or 1 S12A (for exhaust) if the P12 1,700rpm is not available in your area. You may leave the top fan-free for now. Just leave it for natural heat convection for now. You can add the top fans later.

Are there any black A14's? I'd like them all to be black and matching. 

First time I've done this honestly! 

1 minute ago, XxRescueRabbitxX said:

Are there any black A14's? I'd like them all to be black and matching. 

First time I've done this honestly! 

No worries! Yes. They have the chromax.black.swap version.

NF-A14 PWM chromax.black.swap

1 minute ago, RMTM said:

No worries! Yes. They have the chromax.black.swap version.

NF-A14 PWM chromax.black.swap

Wait but if I was to get this I know it's got a much higher RPM but I need a fan hub so wouldn't it be limited to the P12's rpm? 

6 minutes ago, XxRescueRabbitxX said:

Wait but if I was to get this I know it's got a much higher RPM but I need a fan hub so wouldn't it be limited to the P12's rpm? 

You can plug it directly to your motherboard's PWM fan headers. You'll be fine.