Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Building Setup for a friend

Hi,

I'm bulding a new setup for a friend. Her work is mostly focused on engineering and CAD/CAM stuff. She asked if I could hook up her laptop (Core i7, GTX 1650-Ti with Max-Q) to create a sort-off extended workstation kinda setup. I was thinking of

putting 2 32" 4K monitors from Samsung ($384 each) connected through a USB-Hub to her thunderbolt port with some a Logitech Wireless mouse and keyboard combo. I also wanna add a cooling station as she wants to use the setup as sort of an extension to her laptop. Can you guys suggest if I should go with a better resolution monitor with lower frame rate (beacuse she doesn't game or do any work that requires the high frame rate) or go for a 27" 1080p monitor with higher refresh rate and put the remaining amount to a better sound system as she binges a lot of content and maybe that might be better.

Please let me know your inputs. Also if you have some recommendations for some monitors that might match this setup, lemme know. Thanks

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, StrategosPRIME said:

Hi,

I'm bulding a new setup for a friend. Her work is mostly focused on engineering and CAD/CAM stuff. She asked if I could hook up her laptop (Core i7, GTX 1650-Ti with Max-Q) to create a sort-off extended workstation kinda setup. I was thinking of

putting 2 32" 4K monitors from Samsung ($384 each) connected through a USB-Hub to her thunderbolt port with some a Logitech Wireless mouse and keyboard combo. I also wanna add a cooling station as she wants to use the setup as sort of an extension to her laptop. Can you guys suggest if I should go with a better resolution monitor with lower frame rate (beacuse she doesn't game or do any work that requires the high frame rate) or go for a 27" 1080p monitor with higher refresh rate and put the remaining amount to a better sound system as she binges a lot of content and maybe that might be better.

Please let me know your inputs. Also if you have some recommendations for some monitors that might match this setup, lemme know. Thanks

Cad/cam has little use for high refresh.  You can get a little less eye strain with, say, 90fps but it’s more or less the highest refresh that is even vaguely useful. A 60 or 75 should be fine.

Edited by Bombastinator

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Yes, I agree. Even I was leaning towards 60-75 Hz refresh rate, with higher resolution. But I'm not able to find such a monitor within $350. Any suggestions?