POST PC BUILD HELP!!!!

Thegreatistaken

So basically I was able to  built a new PC with a B550M motherboard with a ryzen 5 5600x… and gettin all the stuff plugged in and everything installed i boot it up and it gets to post… bad thing is that when i plug in my keyboard to enter the bios… it basically lights up the led’s on the keyboard but it doesnt let me enter the bios… please help 

Some keyboards have issues working in the BIOS,

So you will need a different keyboard that doesn't have such issues or try finding workarounds.

1. Use the main USB port or the USB port on the top left of the motherboard.
  2. In the BIOS, enable USB legacy support.
  3. Disable the fast boot feature. Using a suitable keyboard that should function in BIOS, according to the manufacturer

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

8 minutes ago, Vishera said:

Some keyboards have issues working in the BIOS,

So you will need a different keyboard that doesn't have such issues or try finding workarounds.

So I did what you said but same thing… I cant even get in the bios to do any bios stuff

42 minutes ago, Thegreatistaken said:

So basically I was able to  built a new PC with a B550M motherboard with a ryzen 5 5600x…  i plug in my keyboard to enter the bios… it basically lights up the led’s on the keyboard but it doesn't let me enter the bios… please help 

Are you tapping Del or F2 after switching on?

One suggestion is -

How can I enter BIOS if F2 key is not working?

Make sure the system is off, and not in Hibernate or Sleep mode.
    Press the power button and hold it down for three seconds and release it. The power button menu should display. …
    Press F2 to enter BIOS Setup.

5 minutes ago, RollyShed said:

Are you tapping Del or F2 after switching on?

One suggestion is -

How can I enter BIOS if F2 key is not working?

Make sure the system is off, and not in Hibernate or Sleep mode.
    Press the power button and hold it down for three seconds and release it. The power button menu should display. …
    Press F2 to enter BIOS Setup.

I pressed the Del and F2 but i havent tried the power button yet

1 hour ago, Thegreatistaken said:

I pressed the Del and F2 but i havent tried the power button yet

So you see the splash screen or no?

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

10 hours ago, Stormseeker9 said:

So you see the splash screen or no?

I do see it but it wont let me enter the bios at all

15 hours ago, Thegreatistaken said:

I do see it but it wont let me enter the bios at all

Try hammering delete, or F10. 

is your keyboard wireless or wired?

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

On 5/20/2022 at 12:24 AM, Thegreatistaken said:

So basically I was able to  built a new PC with a B550M motherboard with a ryzen 5 5600x… and gettin all the stuff plugged in and everything installed i boot it up and it gets to post… bad thing is that when i plug in my keyboard to enter the bios… it basically lights up the led’s on the keyboard but it doesnt let me enter the bios… please help 

So you're plugging in the keyboard AFTER POST? Starting a machine with no keyboard connected will result in an error and plugging it in after POST won't necessarily give functionality, or even clear the error code.

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!