Weird CPU/Motherboard Cold Boot Issue?

I've had my rig for 2-3 years or so now but recently it's been doing something rather strange.

Rig is the following:

• EVGA RTX 2080
  • i7 9700k
  • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro (non-wifi)
  • Corsair Vengeance DDR4-2400 (2x 8GB Dual Channel)
  • Corsair 700w PSU

The machine will start up with both case fans and GPU fans spinning at 100% - the machine refuses to POST at this point. Then in order to actually boot, I need to either switch off the PSU or hold the power button until the machine switches off. I can then press the power button again and the machine boots up without any sort of issue.

I've tried an array of things including, but not limited to:

• Reseating GPU
  • Resetting CMOS via jumper
  • Resetting CMOS via battery
  • Discharging PC via power button
  • Loosening CPU heatsink screws slightly
  • Updating BIOS to latest

The only indication I get are the status LEDs on the motherboard itself which, if I'm right, lights up on the CPU. According to my manual, this indicate some sort of issue with the CPU but has NO detail on what this entails.

As I say, it's rather weird that once I kill the power the first time and then try to boot again, there's absolutely no issue there.

1 hour ago, WhaleTrain said:

I've had my rig for 2-3 years or so now but recently it's been doing something rather strange.

Rig is the following:

• EVGA RTX 2080
  • i7 9700k
  • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro (non-wifi)
  • Corsair Vengeance DDR4-2400 (2x 8GB Dual Channel)
  • Corsair 700w PSU

The machine will start up with both case fans and GPU fans spinning at 100% - the machine refuses to POST at this point. Then in order to actually boot, I need to either switch off the PSU or hold the power button until the machine switches off. I can then press the power button again and the machine boots up without any sort of issue.

I've tried an array of things including, but not limited to:

• Reseating GPU
  • Resetting CMOS via jumper
  • Resetting CMOS via battery
  • Discharging PC via power button
  • Loosening CPU heatsink screws slightly
  • Updating BIOS to latest

The only indication I get are the status LEDs on the motherboard itself which, if I'm right, lights up on the CPU. According to my manual, this indicate some sort of issue with the CPU but has NO detail on what this entails.

As I say, it's rather weird that once I kill the power the first time and then try to boot again, there's absolutely no issue there.

Is your ME firmware on CPU and driver (in windows) up to date? You can check with https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19392/28632/intel-converged-security-and-management-engine-version-detection-tool-intel-csmevdt.html?v=t

Run GUI version after unzipping the folder

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

3 hours ago, DoctorNick said:

Is your ME firmware on CPU and driver (in windows) up to date? You can check with https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19392/28632/intel-converged-security-and-management-engine-version-detection-tool-intel-csmevdt.html?v=t

Run GUI version after unzipping the folder

Thanks for the speedy reply.

I used the tool you mentioned to which I got the result that the system is vulnerable so I assume the firmware you mentioned is out of date?