Cooling question

Toasted Waffles

So I just finished my build with two 3x120x54mm rads and I’m running a 5950x and a strix 3090. On my cpu I see from mid 30s idle to 40s and running a game I see mid to high 70s on the cpu. My gpu stays in the 60s while gaming. I have a d5 pump in the distro block and I have it set to full speed but it seems to be moving slow. Is this to be expected ?

Spoiler

Project Casper - Glass Tubing Build

Ryzen 9 5905x     |    Gigabyte Aorus Extreme X570    |   Strix 3090

GSkill 64gb 4000mhz   |    EVGA 1600T psu     |      3x Samsung 980 Pro NVME 1tb Raid 0 

4 x Crucial MX500 2tb raid 0   |    Glass Hard Line Tubing  - EKWB Blocks 

2 minutes ago, Toasted Waffles said:

So I just finished my build with two 3x120x54mm rads and I’m running a 5950x and a strix 3090. On my cpu I see from mid 30s idle to 40s and running a game I see mid to high 70s on the cpu. My gpu stays in the 60s while gaming. I have a d5 pump in the distro block and I have it set to full speed but it seems to be moving slow. Is this to be expected ?

Sorry D5 pump set to full Speed?!? the D5 is an industrial pump and even with a high resistance loop e.g. 4 gpu blocks it only really needs to be set to about 50% at most. water that seemingly moves slow is normal. I would say your fans and their seal against the radiators is going to have a bigger impact on temps that your pump speed. I bought the Lian-Li SL120s and they do not seal against my rads at all and have virtually no static pressure so my temps are in the high 90s despite running 3 triple rads.

PC:

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X @ 4.25GHz

RAM: 32GB Patriot Viper Steel 15-15-15-36 @ 3600MHz

Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus Master X570 

GPU: Powercolor RX 6800XT Liquid Devil 

SSD: 500GB 970 Evo Plus, 500GB Pioneer NVMe, 480GB BX500 SATA.

PSU: Corsair AX1600i 

Cooling: EKWB Watercooling 

Case: O11 Dynamic XL + EKWB Reflection distro plate 

Laptop: Framework Batch 10

I5-1135G7

24GB 2400MHz

500GB PM951

3 minutes ago, DigitalDoofus said:

Sorry D5 pump set to full Speed?!? the D5 is an industrial pump and even with a high resistance loop e.g. 4 gpu blocks it only really needs to be set to about 50% at most. water that seemingly moves slow is normal. I would say your fans and their seal against the radiators is going to have a bigger impact on temps that your pump speed. I bought the Lian-Li SL120s and they do not seal against my rads at all and have virtually no static pressure so my temps are in the high 90s despite running 3 triple rads.

Normally I don’t run the pump that fast but when I first built the system I had issues getting the coolant to move up thru the loop (also made some strange noises, not my first d5 but the first time using a built in one in a distro) I have Corsair ML fans both pulling through the rads 

Spoiler

GSkill 64gb 4000mhz   |    EVGA 1600T psu     |      3x Samsung 980 Pro NVME 1tb Raid 0 

4 minutes ago, Toasted Waffles said:

Normally I don’t run the pump that fast but when I first built the system I had issues getting the coolant to move up thru the loop (also made some strange noises, not my first d5 but the first time using a built in one in a distro) I have Corsair ML fans both pulling through the rads 

I would say your temps seem fine so there shouldn't be any issues unless your flow indicators are spinning very slowly e.g. 4-5 seconds per rotation everything is probably fine. if you are running any blocks backwards it could explain lower flow rate however. 

PC:

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X @ 4.25GHz

RAM: 32GB Patriot Viper Steel 15-15-15-36 @ 3600MHz

Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus Master X570 

GPU: Powercolor RX 6800XT Liquid Devil 

SSD: 500GB 970 Evo Plus, 500GB Pioneer NVMe, 480GB BX500 SATA.

PSU: Corsair AX1600i 

Cooling: EKWB Watercooling 

Case: O11 Dynamic XL + EKWB Reflection distro plate 

Laptop: Framework Batch 10

I5-1135G7

24GB 2400MHz

500GB PM951

24 minutes ago, Toasted Waffles said:

do you have a pic? i no some distor plates were having problems with some d5 pumps but you think they fixed them by now.

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

5 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

do you have a pic? i no some distor plates were having problems with some d5 pumps but you think they fixed them by now.

It’s an ek reflection block

59B91C69-9A32-4841-B8F0-A526C6AF9189.jpeg

Spoiler

24 minutes ago, DigitalDoofus said:

I would say your temps seem fine so there shouldn't be any issues unless your flow indicators are spinning very slowly e.g. 4-5 seconds per rotation everything is probably fine. if you are running any blocks backwards it could explain lower flow rate however. 

I didn’t think about the backwards block. I had to run it backwards on the gpu…. Should I swap the flow on it ?

Spoiler

ur pump spped or flow rate is 99,9% not the problem.

try turning the top fans around