Linux on zenbook duo

I'm considering buying a used laptop. The “Asus ZenBook Duo UX481FL-BM042T” to be precise. I want to run Linux on it (probably Arch Linux), but I'm hesitant because I'm not sure how good the Linux support will be.

Does anyone have experience with this laptop or similar one's? I've read that the brightness of the secondary display can't be adjusted. Is this true? Are there other issues?

2 hours ago, nottoday888 said:

I'm considering buying a used laptop. The “Asus ZenBook Duo UX481FL-BM042T” to be precise. I want to run Linux on it (probably Arch Linux), but I'm hesitant because I'm not sure how good the Linux support will be.

Does anyone have experience with this laptop or similar one's? I've read that the brightness of the secondary display can't be adjusted. Is this true? Are there other issues?

Google, Yahoo, Duck Duck Go, etc are your best friend …

with Fedora…

with Ubuntu…

& your request into arch forum …

Sorry, no other 🤣

• 3 months later...

I'm fairly late to this, but I've run arch on the UX-581 and it does support it fairly well.

Gnome seemed to stop working a few days after installing, but it works just fine on plasma.

The pen and touch work too.

So does the thunderbolt dock and everything.

There are some custom scripts for adjusting the brightness of the bottom screen.

The IR-camera can be used with Howdy for face detection and signing in.

Intel RST and safeboot need to be disabled from the bios for it to correctly boot and recognise the disk tho.

On 5/14/2022 at 12:41 PM, nottoday888 said:

From my experence I never have issues except with some very out there machines. Currently running Garuda Linux, its Arch based but I have found it to be pretty rock solid and user friendly. Ive been "testing" on friends and family who arent advanced users, but include my 80+ year old nana and papa and my wife who is the gamer. None of the above have had any issues.

~

Look forward towards the future, the past is now behind you.

Jumping onto this conversation, I have a zenbook pro ux535 (regular screenpad). I'm probably going to switch to linux once windows 10 reaches end of life, and I'd like to try some different distros in advance to see what works best for me. 

I'm just wondering what the oled care is like on linux. Is there a way to adjust brightness without pwm?