AMD Radeon RX 6750 XT is rebranded Radeon RX 6850M XT?

Chiyawa

So, today I just check AMD.com for their new GPU refresh, and I found a little interesting specification.

But first, the comparison. Well, since the forum does not translate Excel spreadsheet well and I don't know how to change the border's colour, so you can just refer to the attachment.

Anyway, previously, I was surprise that 6850M XT outperforms 6700 XT by a little bit, despite that 6850M XT is design for notebook or small form factor PC. This actually get me very excited, as a system that uses Ryzen 9 6980HX and Radeon RX 6850M XT could, in theory, has similar performance of a desktop system using Ryzen 7 5700G and RX 6700 XT. I was hoping that the SFF desktop manufacturer take advantage of these powerful mobile components and build a SFF PC that is quite powerful and quite power efficient. The combine power consumption of R9 6980HX and RX 6850M XT could be around 240W (65W for APU if my memory serves me correct and 165W power draw listed from AMD GPU specs), meaning that we can have a good gaming PC that consume less than 300W.

The difference between RX6850M XT and RX 6700 XT is probably in the margin of error which made me believe they are using the same die. In the official specs, The RX 6850M XT seems to have higher gaming frequency of 2463MHz compare to RX 6700 XT that has gaming frequency of 2424MHz. 6850M XT also has slightly better TFLOPS than 6700 XT (26.6 TFLOPS of FP16 compares to 26.43 TFLOPS of FP16 from 6700 XT), but what actually makes 6850M XT stand out the most is the memory bandwidth, which AMD list it up to 432GB/s compare to 384GB/s from 6700 XT.

Of course, it is still unknown if AMD RX 6000M mobile GPU has Ray Accelerators or not.

I'm not sure if anyone ever come across a system that has RX 6850M XT. I couldn't find any reviews on this mobile GPU. The specs listed from AMD.com suggest that the RX 6750 XT and RX 6850M XT are almost identical, which makes me suspect they are the same. Still, I have no proof whatsoever, so this all can very well be speculation.

But wow, if RX 6850M XT really does exist, it's going to be one of a powerful gaming laptop that rival the desktop counterpart, that is of course if the manufacturer manage to keep the GPU cool.

So, what do you think?

Regards,

Chiyawa

Comparison of 6750XT, 6700XT and 6850M XT.xlsx

I have ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder). More info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism_spectrum

I apologies if my comments or post offends you in any way, or if my rage got a little too far. I'll try my best to make my post as non-offensive as much as possible.

As far as I can tell they're both based off the Navi22 chip, so they will appear similar with maybe some differences due to binning or other configuration changes. The mobile part at a rated 165W compared to the desktop's 230W does imply it will perform a bit lower. Assuming the powers I found are like for like comparable, given the differences in implementation between mobile and desktop parts.

Gaming system: R7 7800X3D, Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming Wifi, Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE ARGB, Corsair Vengeance 2x 32GB 6000C30, RTX 4070, MSI MPG A850G, Fractal Design North, Samsung 990 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Productivity system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, 64GB ram (mixed), RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, random 1080p + 720p displays.
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

-

Edited by SkyStreaker
Made it it's own post.

On 5/11/2022 at 6:34 PM, porina said:

*Snip

Agree. They use the same SKU so no surprise there, but seeing them has almost the same specs is kinda intriguing. I think AMD mass produce this chip in order to make them cheap so they can be use by desktop or laptop should the need arises.

I have ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder). More info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism_spectrum

I apologies if my comments or post offends you in any way, or if my rage got a little too far. I'll try my best to make my post as non-offensive as much as possible.