Need help!

So apparently the panel lottery in BC hates me.

I just bought a brand new tv, and immediately upon firing up a game after running initial settings and whatnot, I started noticing horrible vertical and horizontal lines.

I tried every remedy, like switching HDMI ports, factory reset, checking cables, tweaking brightness, contrast and backlight and nothing has improved it. Im going to exchange it this weekend, but i’m just curious how often this has been a problem for people? It’s not an OLED either, so no pixel refresh unfortunately.

This is after replacing a subpar tv that needed a panel replacement a month after warranty expired, so this is quite a bummer.

CBA6566C-A10C-4A66-A6CC-9F153464D381.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Hutzkal said:

So apparently the panel lottery in BC hates me.

I just bought a brand new tv, and immediately upon firing up a game after running initial settings and whatnot, I started noticing horrible vertical and horizontal lines.

I tried every remedy, like switching HDMI ports, factory reset, checking cables, tweaking brightness, contrast and backlight and nothing has improved it. Im going to exchange it this weekend, but i’m just curious how often this has been a problem for people? It’s not an OLED either, so no pixel refresh unfortunately.

This is after replacing a subpar tv that needed a panel replacement a month after warranty expired, so this is quite a bummer.

What TV is this? What was the last TV that you replaced?

1 minute ago, Blue4130 said:

What TV is this? What was the last TV that you replaced?

It’s a Hisense U7G. (I know, not the greatest but I’m a student and that was at the top of my budget)

My previous tv was an LG Nanocell. (pls don’t laugh at me lol)

That is pretty rough. Does it happen at all brightness/backlight settings? That's worth exchanging for another at the very least.